operation cool room

nada

Veteran X
hi guys can u help me w a prob?

so i live in an apt, very high up, above all nearby buildings w windows facing east. this provides a ++ view, but really fucks me all through the morning/afternoon bc i get blasted by the rising sun (i also feel like the brick acts as an additional heatsink, dang). normally this isn't a problem cuz i got ~sik wall A C~ but this summer there's some kind of building maintenance where they're drilling and mortaring and drilling more so all this particle matter is flying all over the place 8am-5pm. oh ya i work from home... n my pc is also serving as a heater which fuckin sux...

we were advised to keep windows shut and ACs off and to even cover the ACs from the inside so particles don't get in the apts. rumor has it it might be toxic, but at the very least its just gross, rite?

OKAY SO, this fucks me because as consequence my room is hot af and its only gonna get worse. for whatever reason, the rest of the apt is like -10 degrees cooler, i get no circulation in here, and i'm worried about how imma survive NYC summer without ~baking alive~.

being a city boy, i have zero domestic iq. so i need the hive mind to help me keep ice cold. my naive mind thought to buy those reflective sheets people put in their car windows all over my window, but bc i have a large window surface area i feel like that would be $$. also, as far as fans (Old skool!!!) i dont know if i should put it IN the room cuz it would circulate hot air... maybe in the doorway trying to funnel cooler air in? also what about portable ACs are those worth it? i was also eyein one of those sik dyson bladeless fans but they look cost a lot and idk if its worth it cuz its only for 1 summer.

im sure some genius on here gonna be like this is simple solution, but im also lookin for cost effectiveness etc so u kno, help an actual brother out.

ty

nada

CLIFFS

how can i have a very cool room without the use of my wall ac

acfordouches01.jpg

Portable air conditioners may be your best bet, although they are pricy and noisy. My house only has windows that crank out, so putting a window a/c unit in is impossible. I have baseboard heat, so no central air.

I have a portable a/c in my office. It cost $500 and barely keeps a small 12x12 room cool, plus it makes a ton of noise. I use them because I have no other practical option. For just one year though you may just want to tough it out with fans... Seriously, can you get a laptop and find a coffee shop to work from on hot days?

Portable air conditioners may be your best bet, although they are pricy and noisy. My house only has windows that crank out, so putting a window a/c unit in is impossible. I have baseboard heat, so no central air.

I have a portable a/c in my office. It cost $500 and barely keeps a small 12x12 room cool, plus it makes a ton of noise. I use them because I have no other practical option. For just one year though you may just want to tough it out with fans... Seriously, can you get a laptop and find a coffee shop to work from on hot days?

fml $500 and noisy don't sound fun.

ya maybe ill just like not be in my room a lot. go figure. hmMMMmmm

why doesnt your ac filter out all of the shit from the outside dawg maybe u can get a good air filter to put on your ac or somethin?

cheap, homemade swamp cooler that won't get your floors all wet like that box fan monstrosity in above post.

two buckets some pvc pipe pieces a frozen gallon of water and a cheap fan, can make it for less than 20 bucks and they do work.

or get a dyson bladeless fan if you have tons of money.

:spineyes:

cheap, homemade swamp cooler that won't get your floors all wet like that box fan monstrosity in above post.

two buckets some pvc pipe pieces a frozen gallon of water and a cheap fan, can make it for less than 20 bucks and they do work.

or get a dyson bladeless fan if you have tons of money.

:spineyes:

thats real cool. unfortunately due to city livin i got zero tools or even work space 4 that.

Power it via solar.

Last edited:
Back