OMG I thinK I may need glasses...

misfit

Contributor
Veteran XV
So a few weeks ago I tried on a friends pair of glasses and to my shock, I could see better. Colors were more vivid and I could read more clearly. Yesturday while taking pictures with a canon rebel xt, I noticed that even with the automatic focus on(and using manual as well) I could not see clearly through the view finder :(. I havent had my eyes checked since like I was 14 or something, and I had great vison then. Both my parents got glasses very young (3 and 7 years old).

My question is where do I go? I have insurance that covers vison, so do i just go to like a lens crafters, or look in the phone book for an optometrist?

Any help would be great, thanks.

I noticed that even with the automatic focus on(and using manual as well) I could not see clearly through the view finder .

the XT has a diopter

a little tiny wheel between the viewfinder and the camera

turn it until you can see clearly

triple said:
the XT has a diopter

a little tiny wheel between the viewfinder and the camera

turn it until you can see clearly

ive used the camera before on and off for 2 years, first time i could not see clearly through it. I couldnt even read the light meter.

have you tried using the diopter? because if its misadjusted, you get EXACTLY what you're describing. im 98% sure thats your problem.

the entire point of the dial is to adjust for people with eye problems so i mean.. even if your eyes suck it will fix your problem. if you can see fine and its adjusted for a person that needs glasses, you'll get probs too.. top right arrow.

rebelxt-4.jpg

Last edited:
triple said:
have you tried using the diopter? because if its misadjusted, you get EXACTLY what you're describing. im 98% sure thats your problem.

the entire point of the dial is to adjust for people with eye problems so i mean.. even if your eyes suck it will fix your problem. if you can see fine and its adjusted for a person that needs glasses, you'll get probs too.. top right arrow.

rebelxt-4.jpg

everyone else can use and focus the camera just fine.

The lenscrafters near me has a doctors office in it where you can get your eyes examined. They'll give you a perscription and then you just walk over, give the optometrist your perscription, they make the glasses.

That is, if your eyes are fucked.

Yeah welcome to the club. I never have my eyes examined by the lenscrafter's resident staff, always go to an optometrist.
Do your eyes hurt after you spend an hour or two starring at computer screen, as in a game? This is a good way to tell if you really need eyewear because you will always focus on the action on the screen, even if your eye muscles are strugling to keep the focus.

Back