[OFN] Need help buring DVDs

{X}Hitman

Veteran XV
I know I know I am way behind the times and I am on here doing shit you did 5years ago or whatever. Trying to copy movies. Using DVD shrink and nero. They play fine on my computer, but I need them on disc to take to my girlfriends. The DVD player gives me a "Playback prohibited by area limitations" Error. I am in region 1 USA. I am able to play DVD copies I make from my comp. Just some give me this limitation error. Please hook me up with something to change it over to a form I can use. Flame all you want but at least help my n00b ass out when you do. Thanks in advance.

I wasn't going to flame you until you made such a big deal out of it.

You stupid fucking moron. Jesus christ, who doesn't know how to burn a DVD????

HAY GUYS! HOW DO I RECORD TO A CASSETTE?!?/

{X}Hitman said:
I know I know I am way behind the times and I am on here doing shit you did 5years ago or whatever. Trying to copy movies. Using DVD shrink and nero. They play fine on my computer, but I need them on disc to take to my girlfriends. The DVD player gives me a "Playback prohibited by area limitations" Error. I am in region 1 USA. I am able to play DVD copies I make from my comp. Just some give me this limitation error. Please hook me up with something to change it over to a form I can use. Flame all you want but at least help my n00b ass out when you do. Thanks in advance.

I'm going to be nice and answer you, but how many dvd ripping threads does TW really need per week?

There is an option in DVD shrink to remove the region encoding from the disc. Look in the help file, this is what you want to do.

do a search for appropriate words and look for a dvd burning thread started by SARCASTICK.

it should have all the info in it that you need.

I tried waht you said. Did some more looking. I think it is a PAL to NTSC issue. THe files I have are PAL. Just need to find out if there is a way to convert those.

Removing region code isn't rocket science, but converting from PAL to NTSC is not worth the trouble.

Far easier to find the NTSC copy, unlock your standalone DVD player to region free or buy a region free player.

BitchFace said:
Oh, I said region free player but I meant one that will play PAL and NTSC.

pretty sure ALL dvd players will play pal and ntsc. not ALL will convert the output to play on a different standard television.

My Sony DVD player would not even read the disc before, so I don't think it will play PAL. DVD player is a year old.

I upgraded my Nero and it converted my PAL to NTSC. It took forever to burn, but it works like a champ now. Thanks for the help.

Back