OFFICIAL Rover/Rocket Pod discussion thread

Thrax Panda said:
No, only when you keep stopping half way there.

As long as you say something useful I'm happy to read it, but I'm also happy to return mindless insults in kind ;)

Now get back down on your knees.

You don't need me to say anything useful, you can just check out the feedback from the other 4,003 games that have used a rocket-thingamajig before.

Rev said:
Ok.

Here's my diatribe on the Rocket Pod -

Giving mediums the power to sit tight and just fire rockets at a departing capper stacks the odds the offense. Previously, the medium is farming while the lights d and chase and the heavy sits on the flag. Now you're giving the farmer an equal shot at killing the carrier as the ld. Give teams some time, and the entire idea of light defense will disappear. Defense will consist of 4 or 5 mediums and heavies sitting around firing guided rockets at anything that moves with a single guy sitting on the flag and minediscing.
This isn't even a maybe. If they do as much damage as a disc and can be guided, there is absolutely no reason to use discs for flag defense. The disclauncher becomes obsolete, as do lights.
Well, at least the part in yellow is correct.

A few things Rev:

1. The armors (like many other things you're used to) are not the same in TV. The light and medium are lighter than previously, and the heavy is heavier. Light is more of an environment suit with jetpack. Medium is about like a light in T1 or T2. Heavy is almost like an exo-suit.

2. If you stand around shooting rockets at the back of a departing capper, you can kiss your flag goodbye. I wouldn't be surprised if a top notch capper could out-distance a rocket quite handily.

3. Think of their damage as a shaped charge. Very little splash damage, and specialized for use against vehicle armor. They will do damage to players, but the fact that they're hard to target against something that fast and mobile, and their damage is basically direct hit only makes them not such a big deal against people.

Ixiterra said:
5 new weapons, you heard it here first.
Sigh. Reading comprehension just isn't what it used to be.

Between zero and five.

1. Rocket Pod (seen and heard about this one)
2. Burner (heard about it, haven't seen it)

Five is the max we could possibly fit in, but as the phrase "between zero and five" indicates, we'll be someplace between those two numbers (inclusive).

Thrax Panda said:

Between zero and five.

Five is the max we could possibly fit in, but as the phrase "between zero and five" indicates, we'll be someplace between those two numbers (inclusive).

:eek: i've never heard of the burner, WTF. Links stat people!

Thrax Panda said:

Between zero and five.

And how exactly could it be between zero and five if there are already two confirmed, new weapons? And I do think I understand the meaning of "between zero and five," I'm not ESL, thanks. I was just trying to make a joke, thinking that perhaps you were hinting at 5 since it obviously could not be zero.

Sorry for offending.

while they're coming up with new ideas for weapons and trying them in-game, none of them are definites as of yet. Hence the between 0-5 remark.

I think he means that everything is still subject to change.
If a new weapon does not work out, It'll be scrapped.
If all the new weapons don't work out, then we will have 0 new weapons. (but that's pretty unlikely IMHO)

Ixiterra said:
And how exactly could it be between zero and five if there are already two confirmed, new weapons? And I do think I understand the meaning of "between zero and five," I'm not ESL, thanks. I was just trying to make a joke, thinking that perhaps you were hinting at 5 since it obviously could not be zero.

Sorry for offending.
None taken or intended.

It's between zero and five because if the new weapons suck we'll pull them. The RP definitely doesn't suck, but I like to keep my options open. If (for instance) it causes seizures then we'll think about pulling it for that (depends on the seizure demographic - if it's funny it stays).

The flash grens in t2 were fuckin seizure inducing. if people got through that then they can get through anything. you should put a super happy seizure hour grenade or something. that would be funny, especially in lans. imagine 100's just havin seizures at the same time hehe ehee. evil.

Thrax Panda said:
Between zero and five.

2. [strike]Burner[/strike] Burninator
3. Dogs that shoot bees from their mouths
4. Stick
5. Another stick

At least that's what Thrax keeps telling me. I think he doesn't trust me or something...

Marweas said:
At least that's what Thrax keeps telling me. I think he doesn't trust me or something...

Bullshit. You said somewhere you had read the dev docs, like whatever they use to get the percent completion. So you KNOW what other ideas they are throwing around. :cuff:

=BL=VorteX said:
what no sharks with friggin laser beams attached to their friggin heads?
We're working on how to make them out of sticks.

As for the Burner/Burninator, I believe that Lucius pointed out that the weapon is the burner, and the user is the burninator.

Back