Official Release Date [Rumor Squasher]

January 16th for NA & Europe

Owned.

PARIS, France. – 9 November, 2006 – Blizzard Entertainment® announced today that World of Warcraft®: The Burning Crusade™, the highly anticipated expansion to the world’s leading subscription-based massively multiplayer online role-playing game, World of Warcraft, will be in stores on January 16th in North America and Europe. The expansion will be available in a similar time frame in Korea, Australia, New Zealand, and Singapore as well, and availability for mainland China and the regions of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau will be announced in the near future. In addition, Blizzard today announced that the subscriber base for World of Warcraft has reached a new milestone, with 7.5 million players worldwide.

Press Release

Still banking it's gonna get pushed back one more time. I'd give it another press release just before Christmas rolls around, maybe 1st or 2nd week in December.

blizzard wouldn't give a date if they weren't going to stick with it

that's why they never give dates

I thought it would be delayed more, but this kind of ends that.

And from official US forums, response to "Until it's pushed back to June..."

Nethaera (blizzard poster) said:
This is a solid date. It will not be pushed back.

Last edited:
blizzard wouldn't give a date if they weren't going to stick with it

that's why they never give dates

I thought it would be delayed more, but this kind of ends that.

And from official US forums, response to "Until it's pushed back to June..."

Honestly considering what the beta peeps are saying and they don't push back release I probably won't play the first week since it's likely problems on launch will reach catatrophic levels.

Back