[official] I support the Ukraine

I’m not politically smart enough to have an opinion on this. My gut feeling is Ukrainians would probably been better off if other countries didn’t get involved. Now it’s just another Viet Nam I think.

It all goes back to something the USA fucked up along the way

We're borrowing money we're never going to repay anyway so give it all away IDGAF

so y it called THE ukraine anyway

would there be many ukraines otherwise?

:Hmm:

The name of Ukraine likely comes from the old Slavic term for 'borderland',[22] as does the word krajina.

In the English-speaking world during most of the 20th century, Ukraine (whether independent or not) was referred to as "the Ukraine".[23] This is because the word ukraina means 'borderland'[24] so the definite article would be natural in the English language; this is similar to Nederlanden, which means 'low lands' and is rendered in English as "the Netherlands"

tbh the ukraine just wanted 2 pay tribute to THE united states of america, home of THE whopper and THE ohio state university

I have come to signal my virtues. I'm on facebook and really get sick of this shit.

Hi all I saw a half-lesbian black indigenous Ukrainian who will vote yes in the future referendum to spend more on indigenous healing have a bad day so I intervened and just thought I should post this to 7000 local Facebook group members so you can all lick my virtual tits and blow some smoke up my ass. Let's all remember that we need to listen to each other to heal with the healing. Goodnight from a clueless stay-at-home mother who bakes cakes between school PNC meetings and is a 'business owner' as I sell Tupperware and get pulled up for drunk driving at 10 am a couple of times a year after dropping the kids off in my 5-tonne SUV. Please think of the environment and don't put polystyrene in the recycle bin. Instead, drive it 20 km south to the drop-off location on way to Pilates and getting nails done.

My dads family emigrated from Odessa back around 1894. They were Germans who had left Germany when Catherine the great offered free land to any German farmers who would come and settle in the area. The Germans were well known for their farming skills. The caveat for the Germans was the promise that they would not be drafted into any wars by the Russians. My family left around 1894 when the threats of a draft of the settled Germans. They settled in North Dakota along with a large contingent of Germans. My dad was born in st Anthony’s. The graveyard there is filled with my relatives.

After ww2 Stalin went into the Ukraine and deported all of the rest of the Germans, mostly to the gulags in Siberia. I don’t know if there are still relatives of mine there, probably not.

I’d like to see the Ukraine get their full independence from Russia, but I am not concerned with the politics or corruption. I just think the country should be free.

a7qn4jA_460swp.webp

Back