[Official] #1 Ohio vs #2 Texas who wins?

Not until they start beating Texas, and OU,
Aggie is third choice amongst most top Texas recruits. Its UT/OU then Aggie, TBH I dont think they have had a recruiting class higher rated then UT in close to a decade.
Mack Brown is king when it comes to recruiting, we've used up all 26 schoolies for 2007 already, that class is just sick.
And one of the main reasons, go watch his speech after winning the national championship, one of the first people he thanks is... Texas high school coaches
pure marketing genius right there.

Franny will never get to the point of competing with Texas or OU. Altough he'll have a good shot of beating OU in College Station this year, his teams are still pretty pitiful. Atleast Slocum won the big 12. I don't see Fran doing that anytime soon. That's why I say: Keep Fran! :)

osu replacing 9 starters on their D UT is replacing 4 on their O. granted Vince is more like 5 players. After seeing how NIU ran all over that Buckeye D, Selvin Young and Jamal Charles have to be licking their chops about right now since thay are playing behind the best offensive line in college football right now.
All McCoy needs to do is hand off to JC/SY and let the big uglies do the dirty work until osu stuffs the box. Hell if NIU can put up close to 200 yards rushing against osu, this is going to be fun.

The real exciting part atleast to me is our D, first time in 4 years weve had the same D coordinator in back to back years and he just happens to have a 28 game winning streak going. North Texas isnt all that to brag about much like NIU but we held them to 9 total yards in the first half of the game last week, 9 yards in and entire half.

Last year it was Longhorn O under Vince vs that vaunted Buckeye D, this year the roles are reversed and the big question is can Troy emualte for the Buckeyes what Vince did for the Horns..

I cant wait got my tickets heading up to Austin Saturday morning, its going to be close a game
Tex 21
OSU 17

UTvtOSU2006SIcoverFstomped.jpg

you do realize that NIU's running back was rated #2 in the nation last year right?

i think THE OHIO STATE university will get their revenge from last year and win 28-24.

OSU's offense is unreal, i swear they looked better than anyone in the country in that 1st qtr last weekend when the starters were trying. the only reason this game will be close is because texas is just as deep at every position and cant be run out by anyone. OSU skill positions takeover and they sneak out of austin undefeated.

Ya and he was running against MAC defense

OMG watch out for those tough defense's in the MAC :rolleyes:

He wouldnt have had half those yards if he played in any other conference except maybe ConfUSA

Lets not forget that tOSU scored 24 last year on the vaunted Texas D using a QB platoon. The offense is better this year and the Texas D is a little down losing some players. tOSU lost the game on two plays last year. It should have been a win and if played the same way probably would be.

That being said, both teams are evenly matched. The Ohio State d will most likely stuff the box and punch McCoy in the mouth early. It all comes down on how he will react.

Lets not forget that tOSU scored 24 last year on the vaunted Texas D using a QB platoon. The offense is better this year and the Texas D is a little down losing some players. tOSU lost the game on two plays last year. It should have been a win and if played the same way probably would be.

That being said, both teams are evenly matched. The Ohio State d will most likely stuff the box and punch McCoy in the mouth early. It all comes down on how he will react.

Actually you have that backwards, while the D was good last year it was the first year under a new coordinator, as I already mentioned in this post. But the Texas D will surpass what they did last year, were bigger, faster and not learning a new system. We really lost one key player on the D side (Huff) but Michael Griffen who led the team in tackles last year moved over to Huffs spot.

Sorry but if you think this D is going to be a little down from lastyear, youre going to be in for a rude awakening.

I can tell you right now how this game is going to go. First of all, you can forget these crazy 38-27 picks. That's insane. These are the "best 2 teams in the nation." It'll be something like 20-17 or 23-17 either way.

Ohio State knows that McCoy is a green QB with almost no experience. They will load the box all night and make McCoy beat them. No question.

If McCoy throws a couple TDs early in the game then Ohio State is in big trouble. The main focus for Ohio State should be to stop the run first, and secondly pressure McCoy like hell. If OhioState can stop the run then they will win the ball game. No question.

Texas has basically one shot at winning this game. Texas knows that Ohio State is going to load the box, so McCoy is going to have the opportunity to pass the ball. The question is, will McCoy be successful or not? The Ohio State defense is not great. They gave up 250 yards rushing to a Div1-AA team last week. That doesn't mean Texas is going to run the ball all night w/out problems.

Bottom line, if McCoy has a good night then Texas wins in a close game. Otherwise, Ohio State could win this game by a couple TDs.

Northern Illinois isn't a Div-1AA team. They've been a consistently good MAC program for the last few seasons and Garrett Wolfe isn't exactly a slouch. Their defense will take time to gel but the difference between NIU and a 1AA team is night and day.

Back