[Obama]Health care benefit tax

ballmilk

Contributor
Veteran XV
Obama was completely against John McCain on this issue during the election, but all the sudden he seems to favor the idea now that he is president.He even claimed it would be the highest tax increase ever on middle class workers.If your not familar with the under reported story, here is an article about his administrations change of heart.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/15/us/politics/15health.html

Obama promised he would pay for his health care reform simply though budget cuts, and ending the Iraq war, but not by raising taxes.
McCain said it wasnt possible or reasonable, but Obama said he could, and would do it (yes we can).
One of the first taxes Obama imposed on his loyal Oprahdites was the tobacco tax.The highest tax increase on tobacco products ever.
But studies show mostly low income citizens smoke, and these are the people he promised not to tax(under 250k a year).The taxes collected from tobacco will be spent on providing poor children with healthcare.Something they already have, since no hospital can refuse an ill child.The low income children have recieved government funded medical treatment for decades now (medicaid).Each state has its own requirements, but for reference i provided a link to North Carolinas where the cost of living is quite reasonable.
NC DMA: Medicaid for Infants, Children, and Families

Biden said Obama would be tested early in his presidency, and he was right.
North Korea has tested, and will test more ballistic missles, and nuclear advancements.I wonder why North Korea talked alot, but did so little during the Bush administration.Obama has done nothing but condemn North Korea for their voilations.His ambassidor to North Korea completely ruled out military action against them.We all know this would not be a good time to attack them, but do you tell your enemy you would not strike them if they threaten to attack you.Its like Obama was playing poker with North Korea, and showed them his weak cards, and then said dont raise me or else.
If the supreme leader gets re-elected in Iran he will be testing Obama often ,and hard.Because Obama has tipped his weak hand.

f7ec25499cde410bb551c949449f8afea537af92.jpg

Someone who is elected president going back on the words he used to get elected? That never happens! Politicians have always been honest and full of integrity!

the executive branch does not have the power to tax
yeah yeah, we all know how the legislative process works

unfortunately for stupid people like you trying to make that argument, the president can say "hey mr congressman, why don't you sponsor a bill that does x, y, and z, hey I even have the full text of such a bill written out here, kthxbye"

Back