No luck on GD so ill try here - Centrino vs P4 for notebooks

RevelatioN

Contributor
Veteran XX
Anyone have any opinion on which is better? Getting a new laptop tomorrow... both have almost the same specs and roughly the same price but one is a 1.3ghz centrino the other is a 2.4ghz p4.

The p4 is from dell, the centrino from a smaller local chain. The dell also has a 64mb vid chip while the centrino has a 32mb... but I don't intend on using the laptop for gaming etc so that doesn't seem to be a big deal.

p4 is 2500 (cdn) while the centrino is 2400 but also comes with a nice case, wireless router and printer/scanner/copier combo.

Any input would be appreciate thx.

Centrino just means it has built in wireless w/ P4. Go with the 2.4ghz.

Some computer magazine wrote a nice article on the difference between the two.

did some more research... looks like the centrino isn't just a p4 renamed and was designed for notebooks... mainly increases battery life *shrugs* we'll see today what i end up doing =)

Get the P4 for speed and in regards to battery life ..lets be honest here ...plug it in ..most of us do. Unless you have no access to electricity !!

{BEE}Nomad said:
Get the P4 for speed and in regards to battery life ..lets be honest here ...plug it in ..most of us do. Unless you have no access to electricity !!

I have a desktop... that is for being plugged in.

Also I read a bunch of reviews/comparisons between the centrino and p4 and it seems to outperform the p4 in most cases =\

Back