[NHL] Official Playoffs 2011 Thread

Merranza

Veteran XX
Crazy end of the year... Once again very last game of the whole season will set up the final western standings. I don't remember a year that required at least 97 points to get in the playoffs, that's freaking high.

My predictions in the East:

WSH(1) vs NYR(8) = WSH in 5
PHI(2) vs BUF(7) = BUF in 6
BOS(3) vs MTL(6) = MTL in 7
PIT(4) vs TBL(5) = TBL in 6

I'll wait for the Dallas/Minnesota game tonight to go with my western predictions. I'm excited, can't wait for Wednesday :)

edit: My predictions in the West:

VAN(1) vs CHI(8) = VAN in 5
SJ(2) vs LA(7) = SJ in 6
DET(3) vs PHX(6) = DET in 6
ANA(4) vs NSH(5) = ANA in 7

Last edited:
I'm really sad Callahan got injured so close to the playoffs. I really think the Rangers had a decent chance to knock off Washington but with Callahan's loss, I have to go with the Caps :\

I also think Buffalo will be the Cinderella team in the East this year. They come in with perhaps the best duo of goalie of all 16 teams in playoffs and their core is finally playing to the level they can play. Vanek is a beast, Stafford is a monster and Myers is getting back there. I have high hopes for this team.

I also think Buffalo will be the Cinderella team in the East this year. They come in with perhaps the best duo of goalie of all 16 teams in playoffs and their core is finally playing to the level they can play. Vanek is a beast, Stafford is a monster and Myers is getting back there. I have high hopes for this team.

The Flyers without Pronger give up 40+ shots a game. Throw in mediocre goaltending and I am not even sure picking Buffalo is an upset.

Boston_Bruins4.jpg

What's your prediction then? BOS in x?

7. Bos(6)-Mtl(3) the same as yours just Boston pulling ahead.

I feel like they're ready this time they know what's at stake and are going to fucking hustle the whole time (hopefully) and when Boston hustles they get shit done.

Not really going out on a limb but I pick SJ to win it all. They have just been so good the last 2-3 months.

Not sure who is coming out of the East. The flyers offense is easily the best built for playoffs success but their goal tending is barely suitable for a broom hockey league.

Merranza are the Habs still trying to pull whiny ass pussy shit by having Chara arrested?

Haven't heard about it for a little while now. As usual, people react very strongly right after incidents. I think arresting Chara for this is a fucking joke but I am still convinced there should have been a suspension for various reasons I already covered. I think what's helping a bit to douse the Pacc/Chara incident is the way the league has been handling the last few incidents in the league (Cooke's suspension namely and other late incidents which have received important suspensions compared to the ususal 1-2 games joke).

I sincerely hope the serie will be "clean". I'm tired of hearing about this incident, all I want is clean, robust, intense hockey period.

Back