nft eeez

if [strike]rayn [/strike] Havax/Goshin made a TW logo, one off, I think it could be used to fund the site for all time.

It would trade between all 30 ppl here, each adding a few dollars and the royalties going to hosting costs.

It's a unit of data on a block chain ledger. It can't be copied. It's a non fungible token. That is it's entire purpose. There is only one of it, and it can be transferred, but there's only ever gonna be the one.

You gotta zoom out and consider the implications and applications of this technology.

There can be more than one though.
(one unique token, but a single digital thing can be split into many tokens. ie. you can own 1/500th of a mona lisa).

There can be more than one though.
(one unique token, but a single digital thing can be split into many tokens. ie. you can own 1/500th of a mona lisa).
Sure. Another beautiful thing about it.

The point is that the individual token can't be fucked with. If you buy a piece of art from Christie's, with an attached NFT, you will never ever have to worry about anyone copying that art and asserting ownership of it.

Oh you copied my Mona Lisa and put it up for auction? Where's the NFT?

Best part is this is the absolute ground floor. So many possible uses it's not even funny. But people can't get past "screenshot".

Yea, it would be a great way to fix your election system for example :)
Every eligible person would get 1 token (a vote) and they could cast it to anyone they chose. Everyone could see how many votes a candidate gets (obviously not who voted) and could check with their token if indeed their vote had been counted and counted correctly.

Supply chain tracking, credentialing, venue ticketing, the sky is the limit. All the attention right now is trendy art stuff, but the underlying tech is where the value lies.

Crypto space is Internet in 1995.

It's a unit of data on a block chain ledger. It can't be copied. It's a non fungible token. That is it's entire purpose. There is only one of it, and it can be transferred, but there's only ever gonna be the one.

You gotta zoom out and consider the implications and applications of this technology.

why couldn't you duplicate the chain?

I know you're well versed in this stuff, and I am certainly not. So, if you had a good place I could read up, I would genuinely like to read up.

Back