[NFL] 2018 Off-season & Draft

espn insider: latest mock (pro-tip - read using kiper jr's voice and speech patterns for full effect)

Spoiler

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Giants are asking for "at least two first-round picks" in a potential Odell Beckham trade.

By all accounts, the Rams' No. 23 overall pick in next month's draft is on the table in Beckham conversations, but it's unclear if they'd be willing to give up next year's first as well. We doubt it, but the Rams have been uber-aggressive on the trade front this offseason. Bridges are being burned between OBJ and the Giants on a near-daily basis. It's still hard to see the team trading him, but Beckham may be to the point he won't sign an extension with the Giants.

where is he???

also LOL

Jaguars acquired QB Cody Kessler from the Browns in exchange for a conditional 2019 seventh-round pick.

Kessler replaces Chad Henne, who signed with the Chiefs, as Blake Bortles' current backup. Kessler was decent as a 2016 rookie starter across eight games, managing the offense and completing over 65% of his passes with a 6:2 TD:INT mark. However, he's reached his ceiling as an in-a-pinch No. 2.

The Boston Sports Journal's Greg Bedard passes along word from a "Bill Belichick-friendly source" that the longer Rob Gronkowski goes without committing to the team, the chances of the Patriots trading him increase.

Gronkowski has yet to inform the Patriots of his 2018 plans, and some think Belichick could use that as fuel to trade the star tight end, who may be tiring of playing at a massive discount in New England. Bedard mentions the 49ers and Rams as suitors should Gronkowski become available. 29-year-old (in May) Gronk is the fourth-highest-paid tight end at $9 million per year and has two years left on his deal.

Rams acquired WR Brandin Cooks and a fourth-round pick from the Patriots in exchange for first- and sixth-round picks.

The out-of-nowhere move lands the Rams their Sammy Watkins replacement, and also takes them out of the running for Odell Beckham. Now armed with the Nos. 23 and 31 picks, perhaps the Pats will make a play for the Giants' superstar. It's the second straight offseason Cooks has been dealt, both times for a first-rounder. He remained boom-or-bust in the Patriots' crowded receiver corps last season but posted a 65/1,082/7 line while averaging a career-high 16.6 yards per catch. Headed into the final year of his rookie contract, Cooks is still only 24. Fighting for targets with Robert Woods and Cooper Kupp while downgrading from Tom Brady to Jared Goff, Cooks might be best treated as a WR3 in offseason drafts.

Kaep's GF called Bisciotti a slave owner, so I get why they might shy away from him.

Still wouldn't have given RG3 a dime though.

rg3 has tremendous upside potential tho (and he will probably be willing to work at a heavily discounted price by now)

TUP is kryptonite for all kinds of ppl, especially gm and local media

also, there r probly questions surrounding kaep's dedication to politics over football and how that will impact his on-field performance

Last edited:
Vic Carucci
‏Verified account @viccarucci

@68INCOGNITO just told me the following: "I'm, done. That's it. It's been a long career. Went to the doctor. My liver and kidneys are shutting down. The stress is killing me. It's just about doing what's right. I just want to be in the Hall of Fame." Full story to come.
11:37 AM - 10 Apr 2018

Vic Carucci on Twitter:
richie incognito

Back