News: T:V Box Art Finalized

Status
Not open for further replies.
[dof]DudshoT said:
too much action + too many colours + too many characters = very confusing and will look like garbage from a distance.

KISS-principle tsk tsk..

i completely disagree.

oh, and about that post about the particle effects... planetside does it to. and i love the front of the box for that. and the phrases DO attract attention. so lay off it.

I dunno, I don't care much for that ad. Too busy for my tastes. The other alternative box covers posted in this thread are more to my liking.

And for criminey sakes stop feeding Julia the steroids!!!!!

How are they portraying vehicles as a major part of the game? They're right in the background, you don't see a clear shot of any of them, and the *focus* of the ad is on the two characters in the foreground shooting at each other.

What do you want them to do, put the vehicles in caged boxes with "DO NOT TOUCH" signs on them to make it clear that they're less important? The vehicles are IN the game, so of course they're gonna put them somewhere. It's an ad. It's designed to make everything in the game look exciting, including the vehicles which ARE going to attract UT2004 players. You act like they DON'T want to do that.

The fact of the matter is that the ad looks exciting. If you show that to somebody who's totally ignorant to Tribes, he'll probably go "Dude, awesome." and try it. Now, just to flip it back to the classic argument at the moment, if you showed him the box art he'd go "Wtf, lame." and look at you funny. Then pick up HL2.

Seriously guys, they're obviously being stubborn on this one. Whether you're right or wrong probably doesn't matter anymore.

Did I mention its just a box? :umbrellar

This thread got large.

... An obvious indication that Sierra is right on target with this box design. It's controversial enough to incite 37 pages of discussion. :browsmile

If this had been GD, it'd be 100 pages and already be about boobs. It's not about the size of the thread, it's about a shitty box. =)

Data said:
This thread got large.

... An obvious indication that Sierra is right on target with this box design. It's controversial enough to incite 37 pages of discussion. :browsmile

Only because we already care about the contents. The box isn't controversial to anyone who doesn't know the contents are better than the cover implies.

I disagree. It could be controversial to an outsider for a number of different reasons. They don't have to know shit about the game to have an opinion of the box design.

That's unusually high-and-mighty of you, Writer. :p

This is up there with calling a game "Beyond Good and Evil". I'm not going to ctrl-k irl over it, I just think they could do better (as has been exampled by the TW boxes).

So amazing...

37 Pages of Tribes players saying they don't like the box.

That should be reason enough to consider changing it.

I could see if it were split, half liked, half didn't like. But it's a pretty lopsided statement made here. The Final Box Art from Sierra, is total ass. Replace immediately.

Thats not the box art lol, its the girl now...
B0001ILKEQ.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

Reality check: They've already "finalized" the box design. They're not going to pour more resources ($$$) into designing a new one. Frankly, those resources are better spent improving the game and paying the developers.

Who needs to grow up, exactly?

Data said:
I disagree. It could be controversial to an outsider for a number of different reasons.
Like what? There's nothing controversial about the image at all to an outsider. Just "sucking" doesn't make something controversial unless you have a personal interest in it not sucking.

I'm curious...what exactly do you think would be controversial to outsiders about the official box cover?

They don't have to know shit about the game to have an opinion of the box design.

Having an opinion about it doesn't make it controversial. Besides, if they know anything about the game the box design probably doesn't matter to them anyway, right? The point of a snazzy cover (aside from making the box worth keeping) is to attract fresh customers. Total outsiders.

That's unusually high-and-mighty of you, Writer. :p

Unusually? :)

No worries, I won't take any offense. I am seriously interested in why you think the cover would be controversial, though. I don't, so I might stand to learn something from your perspective.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back