News: T:V Box Art Finalized

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait... what big name vivendi titles are going to be coming out around the same time as t:v?

you don't think they'd actually gimp t:v to boost sales of, say, HL2? would they?

edit:

"THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT WE'RE GOING TO DO, AND THERES NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO STOP ME!"

MenzoEvil.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not too happy about it, the white area is too plain and the picture looks kinda cheesy. It'd be better if they have something like the pictures below:
banner_right.jpg

t2_screen_archive_23.jpg

Or some vehicles flying right at you.
I'm not fully satisfied.
I'm sure something like this in T:V would look much nicer.

Last edited:
It makes me roll with laughter that fans who made box art at the expense of a can of coke made a box somewhere on the order of 30 billion times better than the professional design artist who gets paid to do this.

Zephirum said:
It makes me roll with laughter that fans who made box art at the expense of a can of coke made a box somewhere on the order of 30 billion times better than the professional design artist who gets paid to do this.

That apparantly doesn't mean anything to menzo. His superiority conflict is really starting to get in the way of decisions.

Zephirum said:

:rofl:

Sometimes I'm not sure if they appreciate the blessing they have with TribalWar. With TribalWar, you've got a ready made focus group, forums full of opinions from vets and newbs alike, from different countries, income brackets etc...

Menzo should know that everything shown to TribalWar, we're going to say whether we approve of it or not. Our approval doesn't always matter, but we give a yay/nay anyways.

He showed Tribal War this box art, and we had a violent reaction. We're not saying it sucks because its not as good as it could be, we're saying it sucks because THE BOX ART SUCKS!

Plenty of fans on the forum have offered up alternatives, all of which are better than those made by your paid artist (including Carrot Top), any one of which they would easily offer up for free. We're not being selfish in asking for a better box art, we're doing this because we love the Tribes franchise and want to see it suceed, to see it become as main stream as Quake or Counter Strike. One of the most important medias in this regard is having a sexy box, something which we don't have right now, but which could easily be yours if you just PM any one of the people in this thread who posted their own work.

It sickens me that you, Menzo, a marketing man, has such a valuable resource here, and your not using it at all. It just makes sense to get things done in as little time and at as little expense as possible, i.e. letting the fans of Tribal War do some parts of your job for you (advertising, MAKING BOX ART). As said above, we want to see Tribes suceed, we say the things we say here at TribalWar out of love of the game. From the way your acting, I don't get the idea that you care about Tribes suceeding at all.

Oh, and yes, I DO heave violently every time I look at the "finalized" box.

I got in here late, but I just wanna vote that the box cover have

Julia on it.

The pose with her standing, the weapon at her side.

The serious Julia too, not the power puff kiddie looking one.

NAT Mav said:

Now THAT is a box cover. I'd prop that up for all to see.

Hell I'd buy that game just FOR the box.

NAT Mav, you wouldn't happen to have a nice hi-res version of that, would you? Would make a damn fine poster for my office at work.

Zephirum said:
Sometimes I'm not sure if they appreciate the blessing they have with TribalWar. With TribalWar, you've got a ready made focus group, forums full of opinions from vets and newbs alike, from different countries, income brackets etc...

Menzo should know that everything shown to TribalWar, we're going to say whether we approve of it or not. Our approval doesn't always matter, but we give a yay/nay anyways.

He showed Tribal War this box art, and we had a violent reaction. We're not saying it sucks because its not as good as it could be, we're saying it sucks because THE BOX ART SUCKS!

Plenty of fans on the forum have offered up alternatives, all of which are better than those made by your paid artist (including Carrot Top), any one of which they would easily offer up for free. We're not being selfish in asking for a better box art, we're doing this because we love the Tribes franchise and want to see it suceed, to see it become as main stream as Quake or Counter Strike. One of the most important medias in this regard is having a sexy box, something which we don't have right now, but which could easily be yours if you just PM any one of the people in this thread who posted their own work.

It sickens me that you, Menzo, a marketing man, has such a valuable resource here, and your not using it at all. It just makes sense to get things done in as little time and at as little expense as possible, i.e. letting the fans of Tribal War do some parts of your job for you (advertising, MAKING BOX ART). As said above, we want to see Tribes suceed, we say the things we say here at TribalWar out of love of the game. From the way your acting, I don't get the idea that you care about Tribes suceeding at all.

Oh, and yes, I DO heave violently every time I look at the "finalized" box.

Although I am on your side on this one.... I think you might have assumed a tad bit too much there. We don't really know what's going on inside Menzo's head, and we can't asume what he means with the subtle posts he has posted in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back