New Router Suggestions

Noyjitat

Veteran XX
My router is dying on me, and I'm looking for a new one. I'd prefer to avoid Linksys, since this router has given me nothing but problems, however if Linksys is truly making the best router I suppose I'd give them another shot. I want it to be wireless, even though I will primarily use it as a wired router. I pretty much will just be using it for basic download/upload and gaming. What is generally considered to be the best router that is around 50-100 dollars?

OK, I am a Linksys person but by no means a 'router expert'; I just never had had a probs with them[10 years use]... No matter what brand you chose, make sure you goto the manufacturer's site and see what is the latest version of the model you want; it does make a difference...

The newer models(newer versions) have a much better quality circuits and material used, better connectivity and through-put and efficiency so a better and faster connection for you...

I buy my routers right at the stores whether it be Best Buy, Tiger Direct or Radio Shack and I have the sells person open the box to check the version # cause the manufacturers sell the same Model # but the versions are different so you can get an old version or a new version, so find out first by having them open the product and looking... GL.. :)

BTW, I am hardwired presently with Linksys BEFSR41/ver 4.2; my previous router was BEFSR41/ver 2.0; yes, same model but newer version(look at the bottom of yours by the model number)...

Also, Cisco now owns/bought Linksys and Cisco has good product; so another good reason to get latest model and version so you should look into and think about this company; JMO!!

Last edited:
Back