New Computer - Any problems, guys?

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of wireless mouses(too lazy to recharge, etc.. I've had better experiences with corded)...

I was going to get 19", but I didn't see a real need for it, and my budget becomes a problem

SATA - I'm not sure about setting it up, is it just a different process that ATA, or what? I could still change that

Thanks for the info

[SHiN]AkumA said:
mx500 isnt wireless

im pretty sure SATA is the same as ATA, just faster.

SATA has a different interface then ATA and a different power connector.

SATA is the future. ATA is still a viable solution but will eventually die over the next few years. SATA is also faster then ATA and will only continue to increase its speed while ATA is for the most part at its limits.

Last edited:
Sounds good... I'll switch it.
By the way, this is my first time buying and building a pc myself... it should be interesting

kat korge15 said:
Sounds good... I'll switch it.
By the way, this is my first time buying and building a pc myself... it should be interesting

Yeah the price difference is shrinking all the time and SATA will be/is the new standard for home computing. Might as well get the newer product so you will have more options in the future when you wanna upgrade.

Thanks for the help everyone, I'm going to get it

One last question, though:
Do you think I will need more fans for this rig?

Oh shit. One more thing... Wouldn't I need a floppy drive, if I get SATA drives, if I'm installing windows(which I obviously am)

Thanks

Problems:

BUY THE MEMORY IN PAIRS. Edit: Misread, the kit is 2x512. Good call :]

a DVD-RW and CD-RW are redundant. Waste of money. Get the DVD-RW and a standard DVD-ROM drive.

Consider an SATA hard drive

Everything else looks solid.

Back