New car

subby|

Veteran XV
so im getting a new car, and i was wondering if you guys could help with the decision. so far i am leaning towards an 08 infiniti g37 with the sports package, premium package & navi package its going to run me about 40k, keep in mind i am buying this car no leasing.i looked at the audi a5 but it seems to be more out of my price range. what cars am i overlooking? anyone on the boards own one of these...likes/dislike?

is the 'sports package' just another way of saying 'we're charging you for colored brakes and a suspension that feels like shit' ? I really don't know, I'm asking.

I hate factory navs unless I can't get an aftermarket to look good, $3k+ for what's usually an inferior product.

p.s. check ebay for the factory nav if you really want it, I have no idea about your car, but I know the nav systems on some cars are the same for certain years(08/09 for example) and you can grab one for about a third of the price.

yeah def check out the m3, it's the new 3 series now that we have 7 year financing and auto sales are in the shitter.

Sport Package
• 10-spoke 19 x 8.5-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with 225/45R19 (front) and 19 x 9.0-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with 245/40R19 (rear) W-rated summer performance tires
• Sport brakes with 4-piston opposed front calipers with 14-inch rotors and 2-piston opposed rear calipers with 13.8-inch rotors
• Unique front fascia and side sills
• Solid-magnesium paddle shifters (not available with 6-speed manual transmission)
• Front sport seats with manual thigh extension and driver’s power torso and thigh support adjustment
• Unique sport stitching on steering wheel and front seats
• Aluminum pedals and footrest
• Sport-tuned suspension
• Viscous Limited-Slip Differential (VLSD)

i felt like the m3 would run more expensive then the g37? if i was wrong ill def check it out also.

M3 is out of your league lol its like 60K w/ options 70K.

THe sports package has brembo brakes which is more then some "cosmetic bullshit".

A gently used E46 M3 is in your league and an amazing car, if you can find one I highly recommend it. You might lose out slightly on reliability though over the long term so factor that in to your cost benefit analysis.

The G37 is a good car all around highly recommended, I would get one myself if I was starting out young and needed luxo sports car entry model. That and the 335i turbo would be my two cars I would enter into debate about for "new cars".

I always will lust for the E46 M3, if you can find one in good shape go for it with no regrets.

is the 'sports package' just another way of saying 'we're charging you for colored brakes and a suspension that feels like shit' ? I really don't know, I'm asking.

Sport Package
• 10-spoke 19 x 8.5-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with 225/45R19 (front) and 19 x 9.0-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with 245/40R19 (rear) W-rated summer performance tires
• Sport brakes with 4-piston opposed front calipers with 14-inch rotors and 2-piston opposed rear calipers with 13.8-inch rotors
• Unique front fascia and side sills
• Solid-magnesium paddle shifters (not available with 6-speed manual transmission)
• Front sport seats with manual thigh extension and driver’s power torso and thigh support adjustment
• Unique sport stitching on steering wheel and front seats
• Aluminum pedals and footrest
• Sport-tuned suspension
• Viscous Limited-Slip Differential (VLSD)
I think Phantred just about nailed it. :)

I would strongly suggest not getting a new 'higher end' sportier type car (unless you just have money to burn).

From personal experience I would never do it again. I bought 2 in the last 4 years and I consider both to be utterly stupid financial decisions.

my 2 cents...

I'm especially interested in the

Unique Sport Stitching®

Is there any way to get the

Unique Sport Stitching®

without the rest of the package? I wouldn't mind paying the full sport package premium for the

Unique Sport Stitching®

But I'm not interested in the

Solid-magnesium paddle shifters®

as I have an alergy to solid magnesium. Also, if there is any way to get magnesium plating instead of

Solid-magnesium paddle shifters®

that would be great, because I only have an alergy to solid-magnesium.

I would strongly suggest not getting a new 'higher end' sportier type car (unless you just have money to burn).

From personal experience I would never do it again. I bought 2 in the last 4 years and I consider both to be utterly stupid financial decisions.

my 2 cents...

Well if you want more "reliable" and cheaper consider the FWD Acura TL or TSX or the Lexus IS.

I don't think the psudeo luxo entry sport car market is that demanding financially for a young person. You can only live once, anything over 40K though is starting to border on way to costly.

Here I was, gritting my teeth, tirelessly working on a good category for that car when kitty comes in with the 'psudeo luxo entry sport®' name tag and BLOWS MY MIND.

Well if you want more "reliable" and cheaper consider the FWD Acura TL or TSX or the Lexus IS.

I don't think the psudeo luxo entry sport car market is that demanding financially for a young person. You can only live once, anything over 40K though is starting to border on way to costly.

Not saying its demanding financially on a young person (especially a young person on TW cuz we are all millionaires..etc).
I'm just trying to save the guy (and maybe others) from making a bad financial decision from my own experience.

But like me...people will just have to learn the hard way.

Back