Fury
Cruelty Rank 5
Improved Demoralizing Shout Rank 5
Piercing Howl Rank 1
Blood Craze Rank 3
Improved Battle Shout Rank 1
Enrage Rank 5
Fury Total: 20

Honestly I think it's a mistake not to take 2 handed weapon specialization if you're doing the MS build.. 5% is pretty big (almost the same long term increase in DPS from +5 to crit, though a bit under due to the arms talents). Though it makes only spending 31 in arms more difficult... I ended up sacrificing imp hamstring altogether.

Also i'm wondering what to do with the second group of 5 points in fury when i respec next... all the choices kind of suck. May be leaning towards boombing voice, not sure if imp demo shout is worth the points.

Meh, I have improved Hamstring proc so much and its saved my ass so many times that I think its worth the 3 points.

Two handed spec seems kinda blah when compared to +5% chance to crit and whatnot.

Would be good if you didn't have a real preference to weapons though. :eek:

The +5% is to the base damage of your weapon. On an enraged critical strike it works out to be a very significant damage increase.

Madend said:
Honestly I think it's a mistake not to take 2 handed weapon specialization if you're doing the MS build.. 5% is pretty big (almost the same long term increase in DPS from +5 to crit, though a bit under due to the arms talents). Though it makes only spending 31 in arms more difficult... I ended up sacrificing imp hamstring altogether.

Also i'm wondering what to do with the second group of 5 points in fury when i respec next... all the choices kind of suck. May be leaning towards boombing voice, not sure if imp demo shout is worth the points.

if you use a 3.4 speed sword with sword spec, UW isn't _too_ bad. i'm currently trying booming voice and i like it a lot - 3 minute battle shout and a 15 yard demo shout for breaking rogue stealth :)

Yeah, I'm definitely regretting the points I put in Blood Craze. The health regen is pretty damn pathetic for a frontline class like Warrior, and doesn't even work well as a stop-gap measure, which is what I assume it was meant to be. Mind you, when I specced into it I had no idea what it was actually like because I was still leveling and still getting ganked on a regular basis, and I was desperate for something to extend my lifespan in hotly contested territory.

Next time I respec I will most probably ditch Blood Craze in favor of 4/5 Imp Battle Shout. I don't live long in PvP anyway because my job is to get in there and shear through casters as fast as I can before they finally nuke me to death, and in PvE I have Priests, Druids, and Pallies to keep me alive. Even in 1v1, where it might be KINDA useful to win the damage race, it doesn't do enough to justify the 3-point commitment.

For leveling, Bloodwrath, I really suggest you just stick with one kind of Warrior build at first to learn how the class is played. Warrior is pretty straightforward once you get used to it, but in order to survive during the leveling process you really need to focus and pay attention to what the game is like in different areas and different situations.

I know pretty much nothing about Fury, so here's what I'd do for leveling as Arms:

Arms tree:

2/5 Deflection
3/5 Improved Rend (Rend itself is kinda gimp in endgame, but the talent leads to...)
5/5 Tactical Mastery (very important for changing stances rapidly, which any good Warrior will often do, and leads to...)
1/1 Anger Management (handy in all situations, especially when you need to rapidly switch between targets for high-rage abilities like Mortal Strike and Execute)
2/2 Improved Overpower (a HUGE talent against Rogues and mobs...one dodge and nine times out of ten you will get a free crit for damage almost as huge as a Mortal Strike)
3/3 Deep Wounds (the bleeding off a crit won't really boost your DPS that much, but it's a must-have because it leads to...
2/2 Impale (Here is where your damage with 2-handers really starts to shine. Your white damage is kinda slow, but as soon as you get one crit, WHAM! the tide starts to turn in your favor.)
3/5 Two-Handed Weapon Specialization (you could put more points in instead of putting them into Imp Hamstring/Imp Overpower, but personally, I think the proc off Imp Hamstring and the increased crit chance of Overpower are too good in so many situations to pass up. You still get plenty of extra damage out of three points, though.)
5/5 Axe, Mace, or Sword Specialization* (see note below)
3/3 Improved Hamstring** (see note below)
1/1 Sweeping Strikes (an okay talent in its own right, especially when paired with Whirlwind and Execute, but mostly because it's necessary to get...)
1/1 Mortal Strike (THE reason to go Arms. This attack is so fucking great it's not funny. Use it and ABUSE the hell out of it.)

Fury tree:

5/5 Cruelty (there is no reason not to have this talent, EVER. In ANY build.)
5/5 Improved Demoralizing Shout (I'd hold onto this, as I think it's pretty useful in PvE and to a lesser extent against other Warriors. When you get to 60, however, I might wanna swap it out for 5/5 Unbridled Wrath.)
1/1 Piercing Howl (use this to daze melee mobs when running away from them, and it can also be used in creative ways to help kite mobss in sticky situations)
4/5 Improved Battle Shout (more attack power = nothing but a good thing)
5/5 Enrage (ramp up your damage even more)

*What you pick here is mostly up to you. If you think you could get good mileage out of stunning people, go Maces. If you want shitloads of criticals, go Axe. Personally, I'm a Sword Spec guy, because I'm a slut for swords and I love seeing huge Sword Spec procs for four attacks in a row. Axes are probably your safest bet, though, because 2h swords with good top-end damage are hard to come by outside of raid dungeons, and a lot of those non-raid swords you'll have to compete with *shudder* Hunters for. There are some nasty Polearms out there too, but I dunno how to make a good build incorporating them.

**Not very useful in PvE but it can save your ass against superior-geared/leveled Warriors and other classes in PvP. If you can keep Hunters/Rogues/crappier Warriors Hamstringed and stay in melee range with them, you stand a pretty good chance of beating them. Same goes for Priests, Druids, and Warlocks to a lesser extent [Warlocks are pretty easy to beat if they suck, Priests are kinda nasty but as long as you stop their heals and break their fears they're OK, Druids are a tough fight if you don't pay attention]. Against Mages it ain't really worth crap because they can easily escape with Blink/Frost Nova/Polymorph. It also helps a lot in group PvP like AB and WSG because it makes it harder for people to move around, and therefore a lot more vulnerable to being picked off by your Rogues and other big-damage classes.

Last edited:
Arms Talents - 20 points
Deflection rank 4/5
Improved Rend rank 3/3
Tactical Mastery rank 5/5
Improved Overpower rank 2/2
Anger Management rank 1/1
Deep Wounds rank 3/3
Impale rank 2/2

Fury Talents - 31 points
Cruelty rank 5/5
Unbridled Wrath rank 5/5
Improved Battle Shout rank 5/5
Dual Wield Specialization rank 4/5
Enrage rank 5/5
Death Wish rank 1/1
Flurry rank 5/5
Bloodthirst rank 1/1

I use a deathbringer as my mainhand and brutality blade offhand, so i like impale because i have a pretty high crit rate (25%~)

900 HS crits thank you very much

Bloodwrath 2 said:
thats odd I heard Fury was better.

for sustained dps in instances, heck yeah. you absolutely need good gear for it to surpass an equivalent arms build, though.

for pvp it pales. horribly.

fury will suck more dick with the enrage nerf inc.

its really gay for fury warriors. they should just enrage not available to people with MS, keep it the same and move it up the fury tree.

Raven said:
fury will suck more dick with the enrage nerf inc.

its really gay for fury warriors. they should just enrage not available to people with MS, keep it the same and move it up the fury tree.
no it won't

fury is primarily for pve, and you probably shoulden't be getting crit in MC or bwl alot except for molten destroyers aoe stomp thing and other things that do aoes like that

fury warriors are getting buffed, 45% damage off bloodthirst

im sorry but ive played MS and Fury at 60 and it doesnt suck, just different style of playing.

and just recently ive been lvling a new warrior horde side dunemaul, and let me tell you, as a fury warrior fighting against equal lvl opponents in places like stv - i destroyed them.

my advise, lvl 1-40 as fury, its great for lvling speed and you get things like enrage early. once some stupid feral druid ambushed me out of nowhere, all he did was manage to set off my enrage and doom himself.

then at 40 you can respec to MS if you still want to.

deathwish is also awesome for lowbie fights vs priests and warlocks.

and since you dont really stance dance from 1-3x, you dont need tactical mastery just yet either.

my old fury build:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info...130200000000505010402501225100000000000000000

new fury build im gonna try on my horde warrior:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info...130200000000505010402501225100000000000000000

old MS build:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info...131201050010505010400500000000000000000000000

after enrage nerf, would prolly do: (imp execute really is awesome)
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info...131201050010505010402300000000000000000000000

and my opinion from using imp hamstring for awhile, almost never went off, so i felt it was kind of a waste.

Back