need steak seasoning idea....

I'll take my spiced, poked, and Guinness soaked ribeyes over any ribeye I've ever had in a restaraunt. I've made a Monday tradition of cooking them on the grill. When I dine out I tend to choose prime rib (with au jus and horseradish sauce) or filet mignon.

I agree a properly cooked steak needs no sauces after it has been cooked but I don't believe a bare or merely salted cut of beef is the penultimate of culinary perfection.

Get some marsala wine and mushrooms and make a marsala sauce if it is shitty meat

If it is a good steak. Just stab the shit out of it. soak it in dark beer overnight, salt and pepper

LouCypher said:
I'll take my spiced, poked, and Guinness soaked ribeyes over any ribeye I've ever had in a restaraunt. I've made a Monday tradition of cooking them on the grill. When I dine out I tend to choose prime rib (with au jus and horseradish sauce) or filet mignon.

I agree a properly cooked steak needs no sauces after it has been cooked but I don't believe a bare or merely salted cut of beef is the penultimate of culinary perfection.

You either have no taste or you buy shit beef.

Geck0 said:
You either have no taste or you buy shit beef.
Quit trying to pretend you're some fucking genius that knows everything about cooking. I got the idea from Bounty and JWUGrad who knows a lot more than you about everything related to food preperation. Stupid Aussie wanker.

Next Monday I'm going to take pics of my steaks and post them here. Meanwhile you can tell JWUGrad she has no taste and her Porterhouse was "shit beef" as you put it.

on the left, mccormick montreal. on the right, salt/garlic/pepper.

yumyumyum.jpg

salt/garlic/pepper tasted so much better. both medium rare.

LouCypher said:
Quit trying to pretend you're some fucking genius that knows everything about cooking. I got the idea from Bounty and JWUGrad who knows a lot more than you about everything related to food preperation. Stupid Aussie wanker.

Next Monday I'm going to take pics of my steaks and post them here. Meanwhile you can tell JWUGrad she has no taste and her Porterhouse was "shit beef" as you put it.

HAHAHAAAA! Cry much?

Flunky said:
LouCypher lives 1 block away from Applebees... ;)

That'd explain the desire to poke holes into then marinade perfectly good meat.

That's right up there with loons that want their steak well done.

As promised:

2 Ribeye Steaks in a casserole dish, poked with fork, covered with:
  • Garlic powder
  • Thyme
  • Rosemary
  • McCormick's Montreal Steak Grill Mates
  • Minced Onion
  • Guinness
Covered and refridgerated for 72+ hours.

Asparagus:
  • Brushed with olive oil
  • Sprinkled with McCormick's Montreal Steak Grill Mates
  • Covered with DiGiorno Three Cheese blend (Parmesan, Romano & Asiago)
Portabello Mushrooms poked with fork, brushed with sauce made from:
  • Kikkoman Teriyaki Baste & Glaze
  • Lemon juice concentrate
  • Honey
  • Kimlan Soy Sauce
Everything thrown on the grill. Steaks and mushrooms added first. After first turn of steaks, replaced mushrooms with asparagus and put mushrooms on top until cooking finished.

My dinner:

The power went out right before I finished the grilling portion of the meal. I normally microwave some Green Giant Roasted Potatoes with Garlic and Herbs to place on top of the mushrooms but I had to do without. Plate picture was taken in a dark kitchen and since I couldn't preheat the plates I was in a hurry to eat while it was hot so I didn't take any pictures while devouring everything. Needless to say, I enjoyed it.

JustinCase said:
I too enjoy a grilled steak more, skillet is good but in a different way
I too have an iron skillet and made ribeyes in the exact same manner before. I like beef and not blackening and don't care to explain myself to ADT when they call wanting to know why they're receiving a fire alarm from my house. Also, when it is 90+ degrees outside and around 75 in the house I'd rather not raise that temperature indoors by preheating the oven and skillet and keeping a burner on high for 10-15 minutes.

LouCypher said:
1. Repost
2. Grill > skillet

It's a tough call bro... Justin is using Alton Brown's cooking method, and I must admit that it is one fine fucking hunk of meat, unlike any other pan method.

"Ruth Chris Steak House" uses the same method, although their pan is heated to 1600F from what I understand. (unattainable with a conventional stove).

Anyway, I was a diehard grille fanatic, till I tried this method last summer, and haven't cooked a steak on the grille since.

Back