Need new Android phone out of contract :\

SL83

Veteran XV
Cracked my Galaxy S4's glass. It was fine for a couple of months until I dropped it on a corner and then BLAMMO the screen underneath no more workie.

10 months left in contract - every fucking phone is like 800 bucks. Considered getting a refurbed phone - also like 3-400. WTF? Even a Galaxy s3 is pretty expensive for the piece of shit it is.

S6 is coming out - not sure how I feel about Samsung anymore - don't really like the S4.

HTC One M9 coming out - looks nice.

Any recommendations? When I got this phone 1 month later the S5 came out - so I want to avoid that and get the latest and greatest.

Fuck phones btw.

oneplus two wont be out until end of the year
so if you need an android phone now, might as well get oneplus one...

if you don't want to drop $600 on a phone. there are some very decent $150 options these days or used for like $200.

Use a decent case, dumbass.

If you buy the new phone from Best Buy their "Geek Squad" extended warranty is pretty much the best deal in the industry. It's an extra $8 per month for full replacement, no questions asked.

I dont get it, youre complaining about $800 and $400 but you want the latest and greatest? How much you wanna spend, son?

The next latest and greatest is the LG G4, its being announced end of April... so you prob don't wanna wait that long. I'd just buy a used G3.

I'd rather be running 4.4 with xposed anyway. Its worth it even if just using it to shrink the massive navigation buttons.

I got galaxy s5 running TouchWiz lolipop. Fucking still waiting for cyanomogen stable. What. is. taking. so. long

I'm in the same boat. I was looking to upgrade for the first time in a few years, but I'm tired of dropping $700 on phones. I was looking for a decent budget phone and came across the Moto E, G, etc.

Then I found the Zenfone 2, which is made by ASUS. I figured there is no way I'd buy an ASUS phone, but it has the specs/performance of a high end flagship phone. The price starts at $200 and goes up to $375 depending on the model. It sounds like Intel is helping to heavily discount this phone so they can finally gain some market share. It just came out in Taiwan and Europe. It will be out in the US later this month.

Last edited:
I'm sure a repair shop can replace the screen.

Fix your current phone and get a bumper case.

Edit: Beaten ^^^

Back