Need help with this weird error msg

eldee

Veteran XX
I recently upgraded my computer to an Epox 8rda+, 2 512pc3200 corsair sticks of ram, Athlon xp 2600+333fsb. I put it all in my case and got it working, when i get back into windows i get this error and i have no idea what it means. I try to access the other half of my hard drive, i have a 200 gig western digital HD and had to partition it into 2 drives. Now i cant access the other half, here is a link to the error any help would be great.

http://www.team5150.com/~eldee/error.jpg

WrathChild said:
Hact by Chinese?

Man wtf I've never heard of that before.

Was there an OS on that F partition?

nope, just a storage drive, windows xp is on the C:

a semaphore is an object used to synchronize different threads, so basically a thread is still using it

have you rebooted yet..

The only thing I can find regarding that error seems to apply to networked drives. I find it strange that your 2nd partition was assigned letter F, when you don't have an E drive listed.

Was it this way before, or was that partition E before?

You may want to go to Disk Management (right click My Computer and select Manage, then Disk Management) and see if you can change that drive to E.

Also, I did find one reference to a SCSI device generating that error if out-dated SCSI bus drivers were installed. Perhaps you can check for updated drivers/bios for your new motherboard.. maybe the default drivers for your IDE are bad?

WrathChild said:
The only thing I can find regarding that error seems to apply to networked drives. I find it strange that your 2nd partition was assigned letter F, when you don't have an E drive listed.

Was it this way before, or was that partition E before?

You may want to go to Disk Management (right click My Computer and select Manage, then Disk Management) and see if you can change that drive to E.

Also, I did find one reference to a SCSI device generating that error if out-dated SCSI bus drivers were installed. Perhaps you can check for updated drivers/bios for your new motherboard.. maybe the default drivers for your IDE are bad?

i have an E drive, its a cdrom drive, its hooked up but that isnt working either, was more concerned on getting the other half of the hard drive working than the other cdrom. and where can i get new drivers for my HD i tried searching but couldnt find any

its a 200gig westerdigital 8meg 7200rpm

Yeah, by new drivers I meant chipset drivers for your motherboard.. try here.

http://www.epox.com/html/motherboard.asp?product=EP-8RDAplus&lang=1

This will take you to the download page for your motherboard. Try the DRIVERS listing first, and install those. I am quite certain that will fix your problem.

Also available there are bios updates, but I would try the drivers first, and only update bios if that does not correct the issue. I believe it will, however.

Cheers!

-edit-

Note the following:

IDE and USB issues installing Nvidia drivers
Windows XP note:
"Windows XP users must install Service Pack 1 prior to attempting to install this package. Failure to do so will result in the inability to support USB 2.0 and NVIDIA IDE drivers."
http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=nforce_udp_winxp_2.00

All Windows note:
"USB keyboards and/or mice will be disabled during the installation of this package. Please connect PS2 devices before starting the installation process."
http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Last edited:
U=
f-icon.gif
u-icon.gif
c-icon.gif
k-icon.gif
e-icon.gif
d-icon.gif

My favorite error message of all time was in XP:

"Windows has suffered a catastropic error."

Was a bad CD drive that fucked up when you ran programs off of the CD.

187eagle said:
My favorite error message of all time was in XP:

"Windows has suffered a catastropic error."

Was a bad CD drive that fucked up when you ran programs off of the CD.

I like the new message you get after a failed boot attempt:

We apologize for the inconvienence, but Windows failed to start on its last attmept...

Awww so smuuushy isnt it..

Back