Need a new Cell Phone

MadHatSam

Veteran X
Been using a Lumia 900 for a while, I like Windows Mobile but the lack of applications is starting to get annoying. Also the battery life is atrocious. I don't follow app development or anything so is it worth getting a new Lumia, the 1020 looks pretty nice, still a smaller battery.

If I ditch Windows I will go to Android, wont get an IPhone they are too small. So what Android phone is worth getting at this point on ATT?

Really like my Lumia 920, I imagine the 1020 is really nice. WP8 is a dramatic improvement over WP7 (or 7.8 I guess)

If you go Android it's probably the GS4 though.

Jodo you are a little more connected to MS, what the future looking for apps? Google keeps fucking with them it seems, I don't need a ton but many of the basic stuff still seems to be missing.

For the price, I'm extremely happy with the Huawei Ascend Y300. It comes loaded with Android 4.1, but there is a CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM (with 4.3) for it with nightly builds. Front and back camera, supports up to 32GB microSD, 800x480 IPS display, 3G on T-Mobile network (not sure which frequencies you need for AT&T).

There is also its slightly pricier cousin, the G510 which is almost identical except for a little bit larger screen (resolution and screen size). The ROMs for both handsets are usually compatible.

If you don't need 4G or NFC, don't want to spend a ton of money on a handset, and would like to run Android 4.3 (until KitKat comes out), it's a great value. The white version is a little cheaper on Newegg, but you can find white or black on other sites, including Amazon (less than $100 from one seller).

I'm getting a Lumia 1520 later this year.

Nokia-Lumia-1520-roundup.jpg

Jodo you are a little more connected to MS, what the future looking for apps? Google keeps fucking with them it seems, I don't need a ton but many of the basic stuff still seems to be missing.
what apps are you missing?

Yeah I really do love the Nokia devices, that is pretty much the only reason I find myself at all willing to stay with Windows Phone, the lack of any Google support for apps is mildly obnoxious. Bing and Nokia maps are pretty solid but they just don't have the traffic features and information that Google has which I have sorely missed.

ill sell you my htc one. 6 months with android is enough to make me want to switch back to windows phone.

the only thing i feel that i'm losing when i go back will be spiffy games that i don't play anyways

sony is pretty good due to semi waterproof.
yeah what apps do you need anyways, you only need whatsapp lol

The only thing I find lacking on a regular basis is the traffic information that google maps has. Living in SoCal it can be helpful to know if traffic is because of an actual crash or just the typical bullshit. Cant really think of anything else that is missing that I ever really want.

I got the Galaxy S4 about 4 months ago. The only complaint I have is watching videos the speaker is on the back so you have to kind of cup your hand around the side to be able to have everybody hear.

Other than that tiny "issue" I totally love my phone. I normally have to charge it every 24-36 hours depending on how much I cruise the internet/youtube/game. Charging to full from around 15% takes only about a hour and a half. Very quick I think.

Also note the charging cable for this phone is 2 amps. Other phone chargers are normally way lower and take forever to charge the phone. My old phone charger for example is 0.7 amps.

LG G2
Screen-Shot-2013-07-09-at-4.32.29-PM.png

Just picked one up last week. They're on sale for ATT and Verizon right now at $99 with upgrade.

Has a bigger battery, better cpu, and better screen than the GS4. If you're okay with a no removable storage or battery, then it is a pretty awesome phone.

Back