Need a good file replication application

Excel

Contributor
Veteran XV
Trying to tie together three PC's, I want to be able to replicate mydocs, savegames, favorites, etc - I'd like it to just run as a service in the background, updating anything whenever date modified changes.

Looked at Karen's Replicator, doesnt appear to do what I want it to. Other than randomly trying crap off majorgeeks, I'm out of ideas.

Robocopy (free), but you'd probably need to create a script with credentials, since your PC's are most likely in a workgroup.

As long as it will run in the background and do its thing without manual intervention.

You talking about automated daily backups or instant file replication?

Instant file replication. I want the gaming PC and the HTPC and the laptop all as interchangable as I can get them. If I finish playing Dragon Age, or updating a word doc, I'd like to just have the most recent copy of whatever it is pushed automatically to the other PCs.

Instant file replication. I want the gaming PC and the HTPC and the laptop all as interchangable as I can get them. If I finish playing Dragon Age, or updating a word doc, I'd like to just have the most recent copy of whatever it is pushed automatically to the other PCs.

Dropbox is great for this. Generally will just instantly backup/replicate files within its main folder, but you can modify it so that you can share/backup any folder.

You initially start with 2gb of share space, but can buy 50 or 100 gigs for like $100 a year.

Also can increase amt of storage w/ referrals and such.

Back