Near-Massacre at Super Bowl

.Keyser Soze

Veteran X
ProFootballTalk.com said:
POSTED 3:00 p.m. EST, February 7, 2008

NEAR-MISS AT THE SUPER BOWL

During a Thursday afternoon visit with our pal Dino Costa and his Denver-based radio show that is piped to 87 percent of Colorado, Dino mentioned this item from the East Valley Tribune regarding a Tempe man's chilling plan to open fire outside the Super Bowl.

Only a last-minute change of heart kept Kurt Havelock, 35, from attempting to pump 200 rounds into the crowd via an assault rifle.

His motivation? The Tempe City Council had rejected the application for a liquor license for a proposed restaurant and bar with a Halloween theme.

He turned himself into authorities on Sunday, and he previously had mailed copies of a manifesto outlining his plans.

"I will test the theory that bullets speak louder than words," he wrote. "I will slay your children. I will shed the blood of the innocent. No one destroys my dream. No one."

Of course, it's unclear whether Havelock would have been able to carry out his plan. We get the impression that the Super Bowl is a fairly secure event, and we doubt that all 200 bullets would have been fired. Still, we're hoping that the NFL has included potential threats like this in its overall planning, and that even more attention will be paid to this type of incident as preparations are made for future Super Bowls.

right

this isnt a fucking 'zomg terrists on our own soil omg we need tighter security arrrrrrgh' type story whatsoever

I like the guy who built an armored bulldozer and fucked up his whole town. That was awesome (especially since he was the only one that got hurt)

Back