NBA Playoffs

mfNxI.jpg

In all honesty, I knew it wasn't really over. I was just really frustrated at the way the lakers were playing. Down 13 pts, shooting around 25%? Was fucking horrible.

I'm not a lakers fan, but I root against all boston teams stemming from my hatred of the red sox and their fans. So by default, I was rooting for the lakers.

:rofl:

fucking Ron Artest is my new favorite person ever

I did not know this but they were saying on the radio after the game that when the Lakers went to the White House last year after the finals, Artest was on the team, but declined to go. When asked why he said "I'll get to go next year".

Thats pretty sweet.

I did not know this but they were saying on the radio after the game that when the Lakers went to the White House last year after the finals, Artest was on the team, but declined to go. When asked why he said "I'll get to go next year".

Thats pretty sweet.

that shit is true too.

i hope everyone who is a basketball fan got to watch kobe's post game interview at the press conference

he was very open and honest about every question for a change... lots of insight.

This settles it.

Kobe > Magic

Kobe > Jordan

LA fans > *

You're a fucking moron, and know nothing about basketball.

*edit*

Hell I'll even expand on that. Magic vs Byrd practically made the NBA. Prior to that it was a nothing league that had no ratings or national attention. If you want to compare them as players, Magic got 20 pts, 11 ast, 7 rbds while shooting 52 fucking percent. In a league where there was no handcheck rule, not to mention what used to be called a foul back then and what's called a foul now. Add in the fact that almost all the good teams were fantastic defensively, and 10x as sound fundamentally.

Kobe got 3 rings on Shaq's back, #2 then no question. Without Pau god knows where'd he'd be now, and according to reports even Jerry West told the Grizzlies don't make that trade, even though he was no longer in an official capacity with them at the time. Kobe is one of the all time greats, but he'll never be a Jordan/Byrd/Magic level. Player wise, or in significance.

Hell, Yao is a bigger deal then Kobe as far as the NBA cares.

Last edited:
Back