MyCroft and other voice assistants

Alvarez

Veteran XX
I have all my lighting setup and automated in my basement and studio. I am wanting to move away from Google completely. Does anyone have the mycroft device or recommend another assistant? I have mainly hue bulbs but some smart switches and other bulbs they all work with Google but I need to make sure it will work with whatever I go with of course

I have Hue bulbs and a Nanoleaf. I use my Echo to control it all. Echo dots are cheap now and you can place them wherever.

Good to move away from Google though.

Hey 'insert wife's name here' can you come down here and turn off the light.

Yea... done this before by phone but Daughter is good at *RING* "dad I will be back tomorrow but I left the lights on downstairs, can you turn them off?"

hahah

what i recommend is installing your own mic, couple raids, record everything and pull it every week for review. that way 1.) you know exactly what google/verizon/amazon/usg know 2.) you catch your wife cheating. if you want to get rid of hot mics in your home alexa is the least of your problems. you will need to start with the spyphone.

another alternative some people like, not my favorite, is get a very loud air conditioning unit or 1980s refrigerator and keep it running at all times. usually nsa analysts do not feel like listening to that shit and will toss the record.

the main upside to google products is that they are banned in china. chinese sellers are the biggest in the data marketplace right now and google data is much more difficult for them to acquire. if you have privacy concerns google is probably your best bet.

what i recommend is installing your own mic, couple raids, record everything and pull it every week for review. that way 1.) you know exactly what google/verizon/amazon/usg know 2.) you catch your wife cheating. if you want to get rid of hot mics in your home alexa is the least of your problems. you will need to start with the spyphone.

another alternative some people like, not my favorite, is get a very loud air conditioning unit or 1980s refrigerator and keep it running at all times. usually nsa analysts do not feel like listening to that shit and will toss the record.

Yea that has been my response anytime someone says anything about me having the googles around the house that even if I got rid of all of them we will all still have our phones.

I made this thread looking for 2 things really opinions on if TW thought the googles are no more a security threat than the phone and #2 It is frustrating when the internet goes out occasionally not being able to access the automation stuff. I guess with MyCroft and the other assistants that aren't google and alexa they still can access the LAN and work.

And lastly you don't know my wife if you think she would cheat on me :)

Back