My Original Explorer Mouse is dead :(

OtisPAB

Veteran X
After 10+ years of exemplary service it has finally gone to the computer accessories banquet in the sky. :mecry::mecry:

I'm really quite sad.

Well worth the $75.

oh the original was a good one too.

I spilled a screwdriver on mine and that pretty much toasted it. It worked for a good year after that though...

Its the cable most likely. Mine died and I fucked with the cable and it worked another year. Fucked with it again and it worked a couple more months. Then the last time I fucked it up. :(

I still have mine. My gf's using it now. She needed a new one, so I decided to get a Habu when CompUSA went out of business.

intellimouse explorer 4.0 (wired) is a good alternative when the previous ones go bad. the main difference is a smooth scroll wheel, but you get used to it :/

I'm on my 3rd or 4th Intellimouse Explorer 1.1

It's starting to die... Will probably get a lachisis after this.

mine is long gone... sadly, i haven't gotten anything better. :(

it made tribes more fun! (do people still talk about tribes?)

Its the cable most likely. Mine died and I fucked with the cable and it worked another year. Fucked with it again and it worked a couple more months. Then the last time I fucked it up. :(

A few years ago mine started messing up and I would have to position the cable just so for it to work. Sometimes it would die suddenly and then work upon a reboot. More recently it was working without problems. Then I moved and upon unpacking it wouldn't work. The light will fire up for a moment or two when I unplug/plug but it won't stay on.

mx518.jpg

had that baby for about 6 years now, hoping it lasts a lifetime. (the blue one)

Back