My New Web App - Thoughts?

My co-founder and I just opened up GetEmailReminders.com - Free email reminders, a free email reminder service. It's exactly what it sounds like it is - set up a reminder for a birthday or whatever, an we'll email you when you told us to.

Not earth-shatteringly cool, I know, but keyword research seemed to indicate that a lot of people were looking for how to do this, despite the fact that you can use Google Calendar or any other types of products. Hopefully, GetEmailReminders.com is simple enough to help them with this problem.

If Google Calendar didn't do this already on my phone I'd probably use it. But given that GC is integrated into most of the other crap I use, I can't imagine it being useful unless you are allergic to Google.

If Google Calendar didn't do this already on my phone I'd probably use it. But given that GC is integrated into most of the other crap I use, I can't imagine it being useful unless you are allergic to Google.
your suicidal ass likely isn't their target audience

i'm sure a large portion of the mouth-breathers on facebook would love this, as they've probably never even heard of google calendar before

Indeed. Our assumption is that there is a huge % of the population that isn't great with technology. That's our target. And if we're wrong, oh well, haven't spent much on it.

^Yep. Would be neat if I didn't already have GC.

Reasonable idea. Part of me thinks a lot of people probably just use their phones for this nowadays (I'd be completely lost without my iPhone calendars and its millions of reminders), but then there are a lot of technologically retarded people out there who probably don't use 99% of what's available to them.

i want to invest 10,000,000 in your company, but i only have a check for 20,000,000 available. Could you cash the check and send me 10,000,000 back?

Does it autodetect timezones? If people aren't computer literate they may not realise this. Perhaps another dropdown to select a timezone (also useful for people who will want reminders when abroad on business, for example)

Well, its a bit of useless since the kind of people that use these shits will use it on facebook. But I bet many will register, so.. w/e

good luck :sunny:

Last edited:
Good luck Imposter. I'll stick with Google Calendar and Boomerang for Gmail but I wish you the best of luck.

- R

seems like a neat idea. one that's so simple i'd assumed it already existed...

if i didn't have an exchange account this would be useful.

:bigthumb:

Back