My new project: Defiance

Marweas

Weasel4
Veteran X
Veteran XX
WARNING: Shameless self-promotion ahead.

The Nine Best Games from E3

Defiance
Trion Worlds and Syfy have partnered to create the world’s first, first-person shooter online game and television series with Defiance. The massively multiplayer online action game will ship for PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, allowing players to explore a future United States ravaged by war (also known as “Detroit”). Syfy will launch a live action TV show in conjunction with the new game, and the actions of players will influence the events in the TV series and vice versa. The shooting action is as intense as Halo, so gamers can also bypass watching the boob tube if they want.
defiance_article.jpg

Defiance is the only new IP (non-sequel) in the list. :bigthumb:

Trion is also launching an MMO RTS (End of Nations). I have to say, I'm very very impressed with this company so far.

So Trion is still in the opening 6 months of Rift

And now they're going to release an MMOFPS (tri-AND-cross platform, coinciding with a TV show) and an MMORTS at the same time

Interesting idea

But really?

There will be beta and you will be in it.

It's not cross-platform, it's multi-platform. Some press got so excited seeing all 3 platforms playing together with each other they weren't listening to the part where I said cross-platform play is up to the platforms. :(

every modern multiplayer game should be fucking cross-platform anyway

i have no idea why it has taken 10 years of online gaming for anyone to start doing this

Last edited:
There will be beta and you will be in it.

It's not cross-platform, it's multi-platform. Some press got so excited seeing all 3 platforms playing together with each other they weren't listening to the part where I said cross-platform play is up to the platforms. :(

Oh ok, thanks for the clarification

every modern multiplayer game should be fucking cross-platform anyway

i have no idea why it has taken 10 years of online gaming for anyone to start doing this

Because console players get absolutely shit on by even halfway decent casual PC players

I 100% agree

I'm just saying that's the reason

Microsoft did testing when they were considering linking Windows Live! games and XBOX Live.

Even the professional XBox players were crushed by semi-skilled competitive gamers, so they decided against it.

We should hang out again man :)

We should! We love the area! I wanna learn to surf!

Edit: about linux - I have no idea what that would entail or why we would do it. Who buys games for Linux?

Last edited:
The TV show crossover/integration seems rather interesting. A MMOFPS on top of that, could be fun. A quick search didn't find much on the game, is it basically just the title/concept that have been announced so far? There is virtually no web presence for the name Defiance yet.

We should! We love the area! I wanna learn to surf!

Edit: about linux - I have no idea what that would entail or why we would do it. Who buys games for Linux?

Linux users?

There's a TON of them man...

Go post on Ubuntu or Fedora forums and ask who wants a main stream modern game that's actually designed to tun on linux.

mofo i was hoping your linux zealotry had become more realistic by now

you want to spend money to develop and market a game to a comparatively tiny demographic of users that run a free operating system with free software and free utilities

open source gaming peaked with penumbra i think

Back