My flash project part II

sledthumb.gif

Need a touch of anime music. I suggest smooth jazz from Rurouni Kenshin's OAV soundtrack. Other then that, :hitit2:

Hey, that sick that you got that to work bro...what would be even more unbelievable would have it link somehow like to users currently listening off the host, that way someone could log onto the website, search a playlist and just play songs. This would make it sort of like a community based music player without having to have all the songs on your host. Just an idea. I'm sure something like that could work... but very well done so far.

needs a thing that says the title of the song playing :)

btw it rox, ive been listening to it while playing tribes for the last hour or so (lot less memory than winamp)

sLoGg said:
needs a thing that says the title of the song playing :)

btw it rox, ive been listening to it while playing tribes for the last hour or so (lot less memory than winamp)
oh, funny you mention that. i'm glad you did too. this uses 2% of the cpu.

I've yet to see it spike any higher. woowoo

(just remember..hehe, you do have IE open, so that's a resource all in it's own.)

I have a fast connection, but I'm curious if you do any calculations about how big the buffer needs to be before you start playing with lowbitrate connections

If you don't wait for a big buffer with a slow connection it will constantly stop.

thats pretty cool... one quick little bug i noticed, if you hit pause it continues buffering, but doesnt update the buffer progress bar, and will jump to wherever it loaded to when you resume playback

that is really really cool though, you could probably make some money with it then get your pants sued off by the RIAA :(

Slant_This said:
I have a fast connection, but I'm curious if you do any calculations about how big the buffer needs to be before you start playing with lowbitrate connections

If you don't wait for a big buffer with a slow connection it will constantly stop.
that i do. i calculate your bandwidth based on an amount of frames loaded within a certain time. I didn't really get indepth on the calculations (yet), but when I was trying to find 56k users via IRC, that was pretty damn hard. I found zero.

TF_Fragger said:
thats pretty cool... one quick little bug i noticed, if you hit pause it continues buffering, but doesnt update the buffer progress bar, and will jump to wherever it loaded to when you resume playback

that is really really cool though, you could probably make some money with it then get your pants sued off by the RIAA :(

thx. i've already fixed that in the version i have on my pc ;)
the one you guys see is from a few days ago.

there are a few other things that i have to look into, but i was more
concerned with the overall basic functionality of it working.

edit: btw i'm not looking for any financial gain from this, by means of selling it outright. this is the stuff that i enjoy doing. it gives me the ability to add it to new or preexisting websites and ]then i can be compensated for it. :)

and as far as RIAA goes, these aren't mp3's bwahaha!! they are swf's - p0w!

Last edited:
okie...shower has refreshed me :p

i will goto the drawing board on how to change things around a bit :)

hehe wish me luck :)

Last edited:
Back