[Music] Upcoming/Recent Concerts

Archimedes

Veteran XV
Anyone seen any good shows lately? There are a couple upcoming shows in my area that I am really excited about.

slayer_megadeth_tour_art10.jpg

Nile_Tour09_420w.jpg

Damn I am glad I live in a big city again.

header-miami-2009.jpg

only attending 30 & 31
Oh that should be cool. I went and saw the Allman Brothers with Derek Trucks and Warren Haynes, and the opening act was Widepsread Panic in October if I remember correctly. Jam band concerts are always a good time.

header-miami-2009.jpg

only attending 30 & 31
i am so so jealous, i only got to go to one of the shows this fall tour

recent concerts:
Phish
Arctic Monkeys
Medeski Martin & Wood
Of Montreal
Spoon w/ Phoenix and Passion Pit

Nothing in the immediate future planned, although an Umphrey's Mcgee show is likely

i am so so jealous, i only got to go to one of the shows this fall tour

recent concerts:
Phish
Arctic Monkeys
Medeski Martin & Wood
Of Montreal
Spoon w/ Phoenix and Passion Pit

Nothing in the immediate future planned, although an Umphrey's Mcgee show is likely

umphrey's is amazing ive never seen them live before. which show did you see in the fall tour? i was at Indiana (deer creek)

and arch, i was able to see widespread and the allman bros. but never both at the same time. i am sure that was quite a good time.

Just wanted to bump this thread for/with potential updates.

I went to see Megadeth in March, but unfortunately Slayer was dropped from the Ticket due to their lead singer/bassists surgery. Since Slayer was no longer a part of the tour they simply renamed the tour "The Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour. They added Exodus as the opening band to be followed by Testament and then Megadeth.

Megadeth+Rust+In+Peace+20th+Anniversary+Tour+Rust+In+Peace+20th+Anniversary.jpg

The concert was fucking crazy, and Exodus especially got the crowd riled up. Here is the set list from the Megadeth portion of the show:

1. She-Wolf
2. In My Darkest Hour
3. Skin O' My Teeth
4. Holy Wars ... the Punishment Due
5. Hangar 18
6. Take No Prisoners
7. Five Magics
8. Poison was the Cure
9. Lucretia
10. Tornado of Souls
11. Dawn Patrol
12. Rust in Peace ... Polaris
13. Headcrusher
14. Trust
15. Symphony of Destruction
16. Peace Sells
17. Holy Wars Reprise

So basically they played the entire Rust in Peace album plus a smattering of famous songs from other albums. Mustaine mainly played rhythm guitar except for during Holy Wars (which was really what I wanted to see, that solo is badass). Chris Broderick played lead guitar and tore it up the entire night. Overall it was a badass concert.

Next up on the docket is Finntroll on April 30th!

finntroll.jpg

Feel free to post other shit you guys might be attending!

might be going to lollapalooza to see frank turner. $215 or whatever is a bit pricey, but seeing soundgarden back together and social d would be a plus. wouldn't mind seeing green day and blues traveler either.

I'm going to see Mumford and Sons in a week at a college show.

I've been waiting for this since I first heard them a year ago. Glad they crossed the pond.

Dude seeing Parliament would be amazing.

I have seen Parliament Funkadelic All-Stars probably 10 times in person, at they are great. Unfortunately the last two times I saw them, it just wasn't the same. George Clinton is getting really old, and it doesn't have the same vibe that it used to.

American Carnage Tour, Part II!

american-carnage-tour-logo.jpg

Three of the biggest thrash metal bands in history, and I am going to see them at the Houston show in September.

last decent show i saw was the fresh & onlys, jacuzzi boys and woven bones. hoping to see something decent this weekend in atlanta

Back