[Music] Popular rock bands covering their own songs with Piano Versions

Seraphim

Veteran-5
Thread is simple. Post a band covering one of their own songs, only this time its a piano ballad. Strings can be fine, but a piano has to be in there.

No Drums/guitar/Bass allowed. Maybe one acoustic guitar.

Heres my favorite. Mainstream rock band Breaking Benjamin. Their Single Diary of Jane blew up the charts when it came out this past couple of years. Heres their piano version.

Kinda breaking the rules on this one. Here is alt metal/thrash metal Slipknot with their ballad Vermillion, Pt 2. Beautiful song. A piano is present, but only in the tail end of the song.

Rock band Fuel with Innocent.

And what do you have against that? Regardless of your feelings towards slipknot, the point of this thread is to show Mainstream Rock's soft side.

I have a hard time accepting the notion of "bad music."

If you are referring to the particular genre of rock which i love, i would say my top artists would be the Tools, REMs, Radioheads etc of the world.

Yes. There is some very artistic rock out there in many different subgenres.

No, these bands im posting are not quite as talented as those. But are they musical artists? Sure. They aren't bad. They just aren't the pinnacle.

Its all music. Its all art. Its all enjoyable.

Jesus christ there is some fucking TERRIBLE music in this thread.

Yeah, music is like art but Starry Night or something along those lines pleases me more than looking at shit on the virgin mary.

What isn't enjoyable about the experience exactly?

Its a piano. Who hates piano?
Possibly strings. Who hates string?
And most of these guys, yes, CAN sing quite well.

So what are you actually complaining about? What is your point of contention because I'm having a hard time understanding.

An actual reason of hate. You seem to be hating for no reason at all. Hating just to hate if you will. What are you so angry about?

Some guy you don't know has made music. Stop the fucking presses! Why do you care?

For anyone that DOES like things like this, let them.

Here are some awesome songs with piano in them:

Those are some of my favs, there's a lot more if you want.

Thread is simple. Post a band covering one of their own songs, only this time its a piano ballad. Strings can be fine, but a piano has to be in there.

No Drums/guitar/Bass allowed. Maybe one acoustic guitar.

You forgot to add:
"And also, it has to be music that I like."

You forgot to add:
"And also, it has to be music that I like."

No i didn't. Rock band. Piano song. Any and all are accepted.

I am a music fan sir.

I have Countless genres of music in my collection. I even have a little Tango music i just got.

I am a music fan. There is no bad music to someone like me. Some is more artistic than others, but none of it is bad.

Death Cab for Cutie thinks up the most miserable shit in the world and writes songs about it.

That being said, I thoroughly enjoy their music.

Back