MRSA Fun [picz]

D-Sect

Veteran XX
Started out as a little red bump.. like a pimple on kneecap.
TllDf.jpg
- Pic from Sunday.

A few hours ago after digging it out and filling with packing today.
rloPE.jpg

Anyone had this? It was really painful. So bored @ ER still.. stuck for at least 1 day.

MRSA is most commonly mistaken for spider bites.

I haven't had it but I've had battle buddies who did and they got put in quarters/isolation because of it.

I would have bet big $$ it was a spider bite:

Here's the symptom breakdown that I had - starting last thursday)
Thurs - Fri - lil red spot. Hurt like pimple or ingrown hair.
Sat - quad felt real sore. Bottom lip inflated (swelled) I took benadryl 4 that.
Sun - leg was pretty much peg-leg. No range of motion in knee. Hard to put weight on.
Sun night - went to ER. Got Bactrim (antiBs)
Monday - leg hurt real bad, all over ouches head 2 toe. Big red lump.
Tues - same ^ plus mild anaphalaxis.
Wed - went to PCP and he gave me some steriods to get big mussels.
Wed night - checked bandage - black 1/4' dot of necrotic tissue. By 10:30 it was spreading.

I've been seen by at least 6 doctors and they won't bite on it being a spider bite. I think it's a secret spider society thing.

Getting juiced now.. Need to come back when I'm done..

Lady pretty much was dying next to me in trauma room.. "Circling The Drain" they were telling me. The ice here is great.

One of my teachers friends just slipped into a coma after being treated for mrsa and it not getting better. MRSA is some mean shit.

Had some guy look at me weird because I was sorting my laundry on the table at the laundramat. He said, "Arent you afraid of MRSA". I shoot him an even weirder look and say, "Arent you afraid of the bird flu" (3 years ago)

He didnt get it.

I'm bringin' sexy back...

ZMSPd.jpg

So - Guess I'm not going for a 3-day ski/ride weekend tomorrow.

Maggot like thing is gauze packing. Hot. Circles are what I need to watch. If it grows @ all, I gotta dash in.

This has been quite a fuckall week. I think I'm on the downhill side. At least, I don't have full-body aches.

My fricken quad feels like a bullet went through it. I totally lost a lot of power in my leg. Gonna be shitty winter sports time for the next few weeks.

lol@diknoze

I had something similar, yet much more.. small.. about 2 years ago. Thought it was a spider bite. Who knows. Spider bites are like the new Lupus, and it's never Lupus.

Day 1:
IMG_1114.jpg

Day 8:
IMG_1119.jpg

I get mad pu$.. whatcanIsay?

Back