[Movie Release]Velocity

Frozer!!!

Veteran X
Heres a movie that Sensei of BR and I have put together. Its a Tribes Vengeance Highlight movie. Runs about 4 min and 48 secs and is aprox a 90 mb download. I hope you all enjoy! Constructive comments and critisms are welcome and if anyone would be kind enough to mirror one of the download links, that would be appreciated.

Once Again Enjoy!

www.tribesmovies.com Velocity
or
www.filecloud.com Velocity

Incase you don't have the correct codecs, you can download it here,
www.microsoft.com Windows Media 9 codec

:)

Um. I don't like to the typical mean Tribal Warrian.

I'll say this, the editing was preety good. was enjoyable to watch and had some preety good shots in there.

7/10 for me.

The file cloud link worked for me.

The video started off quite nicely, nice editing, and some good shots/ passes in the beginning.

Some of the shots in the first part made me laugh. 12 foot mid air shots, and the screwy non reg shot at 1:51 combined with the uber leet music. Something about the combination of the two that just didn't do it for me.

The flag grab at 2:40 was interesting, and from there on out it improved quite a bit. Good editing skills.

Overall it felt like there was alot of filler material, and the choice of music was terrible. If you could cut out some fat, there were some very nice shots in there.

thanks for the effort but i give it 5/10. the name velocity implies speed and the video makes the game look slow. shots were average, imo. and the music was fucking terrible.

nonetheless, i love tribes movies and i support your effort. looking forward to the next one.

Core said:
thanks for the effort but i give it 5/10. the name velocity implies speed and the video makes the game look slow. shots were average, imo. and the music was fucking terrible.

nonetheless, i love tribes movies and i support your effort. looking forward to the next one.

I'm not sure I'd even give it a 5/10.

Good to see people trying though.

was the whole thing in slow motion or is that just the rumored 85-degree default FOV i've heard so much crap about (never played with <>110FOV personally, and at speed t:V does not look like that...)?

didn't like most of the movie ,but the ending, man, the ending made the whole shit worthwhile! good job guys.

F [a] C E said:
was the whole thing in slow motion or is that just the rumored 85-degree default FOV i've heard so much crap about (never played with <>110FOV personally, and at speed t:V does not look like that...)?

didn't like most of the movie ,but the ending, man, the ending made the whole shit worthwhile! good job guys.
Thats the default FOV you see there. It looks slow bc i had to record at 20 fps in fraps (my athlon 2800 was woking its ass off) And then i imported the fraps clips into premiere, i then set the speed to each clip at 150%(except the ones that are ment to be in slow motion.
Im glad you liked the ending(thats some high quality finnish folksong we got ther ;)), what didnt you like about most of it though? we want as much feedback as possible wether it be positive or negative to so can have as much people like our upcoming releases, thnx :)

Last edited:
Hmmm, critique:

1). Did seem a little slow.

2). Shots / throws were very ordinary. MA'ing someone / chucking the flag to someone who is 2ft away does not an interesting movie make. The one shot worth writing home about was at 3:27, and you repeated it.... which is another no-no....

3). Music was pretty horrible.

4). Comedy moments were OK. Having seen it so many times ingame, I must say I enjoy watching people who can't use the buckler trying to flag D and propelling the incoming capper + flag off into the distance :)

Fair effort I guess, but when compared with other Tribes movies leaves a bit to be desired.

Looking forward to the next installment though.

You guys are acting like there are soooo many t:v movies out there. There's maybe like 8. Mainly because t:v movies aren't as easy to make as t2 or t1. The demos often come out messed up, plus are slow and choppy usually. So considering all that, I say good job on the movie. It had some ok shots, and I liked when you got buckle blocked on winterlake. But you should have sped up the clips more in premiere and given it an overall "faster" feeling. Nice first try tho.

GKFC said:
Hmmm, critique:

1). Did seem a little slow.

2). Shots / throws were very ordinary. MA'ing someone / chucking the flag to someone who is 2ft away does not an interesting movie make. The one shot worth writing home about was at 3:27, and you repeated it.... which is another no-no....

3). Music was pretty horrible.

4). Comedy moments were OK. Having seen it so many times ingame, I must say I enjoy watching people who can't use the buckler trying to flag D and propelling the incoming capper + flag off into the distance :)

Fair effort I guess, but when compared with other Tribes movies leaves a bit to be desired.

Looking forward to the next installment though.
1. We will make sure that doesnt happen again, i see what you mean too
2. There was alot of filler material b/c i was running on adobe premiere trial andmy time was running out and i couldnt port it over to premiere pro with i have the full version of =/
3. We will look for something that isnt as repetitive, i thought i was just annoyed by the song from listening to it like 50 times during editing
4.Hehe
thnx for your input

Back