Motorcycle Helmets

Orcus

Contributor
Veteran X
http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/accessoriesandgear/fliphelmets/

Anyone have any past experience with modular helmets? I found this online review on the net, but I'm looking for more input. I've tried on the Symax, Nolan, and Schuberth so far and plan on trying on the other helmets listed here. The new Shoei modular peaked my interest, but it wasn't available when I looking at modulars earlier. To the best of my knowledge none of them are Snell certified, but they all have the DOT obviously.

I really like the idea of the modular helmet, and I want to stay with it.
Right now I'm leaning towards the Schuberth just for the visor feature it has. Nothing worse than sunglasses pushing into the side of your head while you're riding.

Last edited:
Arai helmets >>>>>> ALL

I had a nice Shoei until my crash. I then picked up an Arai and did not look back.

I have a Nolan 100 for riding my Wing, it has speakers and a mic installed in it, also has room for glasses that don't get pushed into your head.

Never tried any of the others.

bgs-helmet-b.jpg

GreyGhost said:
I have a Nolan 100 for riding my Wing, it has speakers and a mic installed in it, also has room for glasses that don't get pushed into your head.

Never tried any of the others.

Thanks for the feedback GreyGhost. I really appreciate it. I tried on the Nolan, but found it to be a little uncomfortable. I had 'hotspots' on my forehead and at the sides of my head, and when I went to the next size up it was too big. I have a wide head so finding a good fitting helmet is hard for me, let alone finding one that allows me to wear glasses at the same time. I wish Arai would make a modular helmet; their three head shape system as an additional size option gives me the best fit out of any helmet I have tried.

KtM said:
Arai helmets >>>>>> ALL
I had a nice Shoei until my crash. I then picked up an Arai and did not look back.

Heh. I really didn't think Arai helmets were that comfortable, that was until I realized that they have 3 different shapes as well as your standard sizes. Once I got the right one on, I knew it. They’re the best fitting helmet out there. Too bad they don't make a modular.

be a bad ass and cut a water melon in half and hallow it out, slap it on your noggin you're good to go

ReCurve said:
be a bad ass and cut a water melon in half and hallow it out, slap it on your noggin you're good to go

About the same amount of protection as one of these helmets. ;p

RHD200_Vents21.jpg

Scud said:
The key to a helmet is not crashing.

Fixed...

I have an HJC CL-12 and i really like it. Good helmet for the money. I didn't feel like spending 500 bucks on a helmet when my lil katana 600 only cost 1300 bucks.

New Account said:
Fixed...

I have an HJC CL-12 and i really like it. Good helmet for the money. I didn't feel like spending 500 bucks on a helmet when my lil katana 600 only cost 1300 bucks.

Cool, thanks man. =D

Back