[Mother Russia] Tank-Boat-Plane

scy7he

Veteran X
Google Translate

007ke80p

awesome. I especially love the gun turret above the cockpit.

The Russian death rate in 2009 was 14.2 per 1000 citizens. For comparison, the US and UK death rates in 2009 were 8.4 per 1000 and 10 per 1000 respectively.

I saw an article a while back where it showed pictures of Russian nuclear subs and air craft carriers just rotting away in rivers, and other docks. Cool to look at, but really shitty that all that crap is leaking into the water.

Like this:

another-view-of-the-submarine.jpg

Lots of really good pics on that site.

Somewhere floating around the 'net is video of a different aircraft along the same lines. It doesn't have the launch tubes on the back but it is a ground-effect "flying boat" quite similar to that one.

damn that is awesome. never seen anything like that. it reminds me of the flying fortress thing from ninja gaiden

That looks way to awkward to actually fly

It doesnt fly, its a GEV (Ground Effect Vehicle)

It has a ceiling of about 20ft however it can reach speeds up to 600kph and carry twice as much as any plane.

The only problem they have is a turning circle larger than an aircraft carrier, and if the waves are higher than 20ft they can catch on the ekranoplan and crash it.

That looks way to awkward to actually fly

You have to click on that Google Translate link. It takes you to the english version of the blog it came from with tons more pictures.

Basically it is like a very low flying boat. Used more to transport heavy loads across the sea at very fast speeds

Impressive

I saw an article a while back where it showed pictures of Russian nuclear subs and air craft carriers just rotting away in rivers, and other docks. Cool to look at, but really shitty that all that crap is leaking into the water.

Like this:

another-view-of-the-submarine.jpg

Think we do the same thing except on a lesser scale, the stuff we can't sell to some country. I'm sure they could really use the metal from the craft/hull for something other than letting it sit and rust.

Think we do the same thing except on a lesser scale, the stuff we can't sell to some country. I'm sure they could really use the metal from the craft/hull for something other than letting it sit and rust.

Not sure how Russia does it but here we have a very strict decommissioning process that is carried out on the ship so nothing left can adversely affect marine life. Some ships are sunk to create artificial reefs.

no, we do not currently have nuclear subs + aircraft carriers rusting away in ports. they are either decommissioned or refurbished.

the russian nuclear subs case is one of the more important in the world regarding nuclear reactors and environmentalism, because its the only situation in the world where such a case exists. unfortunately, nothing is being done about it (russia has bigger shit to worry about, we can't do anything about it)

Back