[More DIE] Just what the game industry needed.

SINep

Veteran XX
Ex-Blizzard leaders Jen Oneal and J. Allen Brack create startup studio Magic Soup Games | VentureBeat

Ex-Blizzard Entertainment veterans Jen Oneal, J. Allen Brack and John Donham announced today that they’ve teamed up to form a new game studio, Magic Soup Games.

Oneal is a passionate advocate for advancing the state of diversity, equity and inclusion in the video game industry. She currently serves on the board of Women in Gaming International as well as the leadership team of the National Coalition for Equity Impact. She also served as an advisory board member for the Young Women’s Leadership Initiative and was a board member of the Girls Scouts of Northeast New York. She is a frequent speaker and panelist on the subject of culture and DEI.

As for doing the startup, she said in an email Q&A, “There are games out there that I love, that inspire new ideas for games I’d love to make. Having my own company helps me focus on exactly that. [But not DIE/DEI?????] And I’m most happy when I’m building up a team, helping them get great opportunities and fostering an environment where they can succeed. I also feel strongly about creating a diverse and inclusive company, and it’s fulfilling to be able to create something from the ground up where that is a core principle from day one.”
poop truck

What a fucking time and money sink this will be.
https://twitter.com/bourbonislife80/status/1635476446037639170
:cheers:

woman? for gaming? for leadership? for leadership of game?
NOPE

"fostering an environment where they can succeed" - who is "they"? negraz?

Do you remember that very short lived shit where a group of like 3 females could be summoned to your FPS and they would kill the target? Inevitably, a toxic male. I can't remember the name of that shit for the life of me. Some form of troll hunters. It was so funny. They posted some vids. Made some skins. Had a logo. Made some hats and shirts. Made a fake story and were laughed out of existence.

Do you remember that very short lived shit where a group of like 3 females could be summoned to your FPS and they would kill the target? Inevitably, a toxic male. I can't remember the name of that shit for the life of me. Some form of troll hunters. It was so funny. They posted some vids. Made some skins. Had a logo. Made some hats and shirts. Made a fake story and were laughed out of existence.

Take your meds grampa

Yeah. Vaguely. They were the defenders of female gamers being outplayed by males everywhere.

Make it an early release and never go gold. Tell the early buyers that the game will work one day but we need to do some fixes. Then repeat that message annually till they all stop playing or die.

How about I load up SimCity SkyLines
drop the taxes
up the welfare
defund the police
set fire to the highest-value land
see how that works out

:shrug: best of luck to them. If there's a market for it, they can make a buck doing something they care about. If not, you can laugh as they fail.

:shrug: best of luck to them. If there's a market for it, they can make a buck doing something they care about. If not, you can laugh as they fail.

well that was sensible.

I like to imagine (as a mental practice) what would happen if they dropped the greatest game of 2020s. not sure how internets would react.

Very unlikely and most likely to be hot garbage though.

I do remember that, and I have no idea what they were called.

This did remind me of that Anita Sarkeesian woman--a woke karen before that was a mainstream thing. I guess she got out-competed by every virtue-signaling idiot on twitter because I didn't even remember she existed and I had to google 'gamergate' just to rediscover her name. Her shtick was also 'pro-feminism' which doesn't work well in today's world of trans activism.

Make it an early release and never go gold. Tell the early buyers that the game will work one day but we need to do some fixes. Then repeat that message annually till they all stop playing or die.
That's 7D2D. Still alpha, but still nice to play.

Back