Monitor Help

ThUnda

Veteran XX
So, i returned my acer 24inch wide screen monitor to best buy under thier "service plan"

It very abruptly after almost 5 months of working fine started simply not working. It will be on for 30 seconds, then stop showing anything on the screen.

I returned it to best buy, they had it plug'd into a pc for a day w/o it having this problem. I brought my pc in to show them what was happening, and that my old CRT monitor is working fine. They tried blaming it on my videocard so i had them get a lcd to plug into my pc albeit all they had availiable was a 19inch lcd and it worked fine so they sent it out. and had them check both ports on my video card (nvidia 8800 GT)

I just got a call from BB's "service center" saying they couldn't find anything wrong with my display but they'd leave it pluged in for a while to see if that would cause the problem to happen and they've never heard of anything like this.

Now since it's a service plan and not a replacement plan, they wont give me a new monitor unless they can "fix" something and if they dont find a problem, i'm left with a fucking 24" widescreen paperweight.

Anyone have any suggestions, I tried talking them into getting a widescreen monitor to plug into my computer while i had it there just to make sure for some odd f'n reason it wasn't the widescreen part that was doing it but they wouldn't.

the monitor i have hooked up now, and the only lcd they would let me hook my pc up to in thier store were 19" and 21". Would it being a wide screen 1900x1200 cause a problem but 1600x1200 would work fine with the video card... only difference between thier lcd and mine...

Back