Modern Warfare 2 PC: No dedicated servers.

Wasn't there another game that was announced without dedicated servers and the outcry and backlash caused them to change their minds?

Far Cry 2?

I'm not sure if even with dedicated servers they allowed you to join a game in progress and didn't kick everyone after the round ended.

Operation Flashpoint 2 is the latest multiplayer failure, no dedicated server support planed.

I'm not really affected bc I wasn't going to buy it anyway but that seems like they're shooting themselves in the foot. How does restricting servers to listen only help stymie piracy? It just means laggy online play.

I'm not really affected bc I wasn't going to buy it anyway but that seems like they're shooting themselves in the foot. How does restricting servers to listen only help stymie piracy? It just means laggy online play.

I imagine this is a design choice based on the fact that it's multi-platform.

Seems like the line separating pc and console games is getting razor thin.

so instead of buying the pc version that doesn't have dedicated servers, you will buy the 360 version, which doesnt have dedicated servers either? what.

because the 360 version is already a relatively known value, which was quite enjoyable, personally.

probably the best solution is to "buy" the pc version first and then decide once the gameplay/lag is experienced

an updated cod4 on the pc without dedicated servers screams "laggy/inconsistent pile of shit"

that and i have plenty of friends (irl, tw and other encounters) that play on console

id rather play with them then a bunch of people i dont know on PC without the benefit of larger servers, customization and better connections

because the 360 version is already a relatively known value, which was quite enjoyable, personally.

probably the best solution is to "buy" the pc version first and then decide once the gameplay/lag is experienced

an updated cod4 on the pc without dedicated servers screams "laggy/inconsistent pile of shit"

Battlefield 2142 :p

You guys don't get it do you...

They don't give a fuck about PC users, they really don't... The game will make close to if not record #'s on the 360, they'll get a good chunk from the PS3.... The PC is almost an afterthought at this point for IW. :shrug:

I'm not saying you have to like it, or even that I like it. But for those of you who can't get over playing FPS games with a controller, have fun because over the next few years PC FPS gaming will decline even more so then it has in the past few years.

I wish they would combine the PC/360/PS2 servers. My roomates still play COD and talk a whole bunch of shit about how they are good on XBOX compared to me. I would rape them on keyboard/mouse controls.

I wish they would combine the PC/360/PS2 servers. My roomates still play COD and talk a whole bunch of shit about how they are good on XBOX compared to me. I would rape them on keyboard/mouse controls.

Congrats?

Gaming is better on the 360 now anyways, get used to it or deal with PC becoming more and more of an afterthought.

They don't give a fuck about PC users, they really don't... The game will make close to if not record #'s on the 360, they'll get a good chunk from the PS3.... The PC is almost an afterthought at this point for IW. :shrug:

I'm not saying you have to like it, or even that I like it. But for those of you who can't get over playing FPS games with a controller, have fun because over the next few years PC gaming will decline even more so then it has in the past few years.

I had to fix that for you.

I'm not saying you have to like it, or even that I like it. But for those of you who can't get over playing FPS games with a controller, have fun because over the next few years PC FPS gaming will decline even more so then it has in the past few years.

They don't care about PC gamers, but they'll care about the increase in missed sales when everyone just downloads it just to spite.

Back