[mmo pvp-orientated] Fury

i didn't know wtf i was going when I played the alpha. It's not really an MMO though, its more like guild wars I guess....without the quests. maybe i am missing something but it seemed like there was a staging area where you could pick your class, spells, etc, - this is the area that is the 'MMO' area....then you pick an arena to go fight in, which seems to be 8v8 or something along those lines where its like a fantasy based quake 3.

is that correct? i only played for 10 minutes or so.

You want PvP? Play World of Warcraft. Blizzard is on the edge of owning the free world. Trust me on this

kind of makes me wish I had gotten more involved in the alpha when I got invited awhile ago, and now my computer's fried :/

You want PvP? Play World of Warcraft. Blizzard is on the edge of owning the free world. Trust me on this

:rofl:

i didn't know wtf i was going when I played the alpha. It's not really an MMO though, its more like guild wars I guess....without the quests. maybe i am missing something but it seemed like there was a staging area where you could pick your class, spells, etc, - this is the area that is the 'MMO' area....then you pick an arena to go fight in, which seems to be 8v8 or something along those lines where its like a fantasy based quake 3.

I never played GW so i cant say anything to that. Like i posted you get really fast into the game. You start with a good tutorial, after that you choose your starting class (you are not bound to that, it defines after the skills you use) and then you are ready to go. There are currently three different types of gameplay, DM, TDM and some kind of CTF/CNH thing. I just played the CTF warzone.

How long the game takes depends on the team, if you have just morons on your team, you are gone in about 5 minutes max. Currently there are alot of newbies floating around and it can be frustrating, but if you join up with a good team its fun as hell.

The Game is very fast and action oriented. You target your enemy and then you bash your action keys to build up some kind of combo points which you can use up on more powerfull skills. What combo points you gain depends on the skill you are using. You better read that up, it can be very confusing at the beginning.

To unlock new skills you have to do the trials, which are very easy "bring me x of essence y". You gain essence X by using the specific elemental skills in a warzone.

Thats what i currently know about the game, but i played the game five hours, max. Its definitly worth a look.

I predict this will be a flop more or less. Their hook from the start has been to offer what Guild Wars PvP was supposed to deliver, but what they have is fairly clunky design and failure to generate much interest from the target demographic.

I predict this will be a flop more or less. Their hook from the start has been to offer what Guild Wars PvP was supposed to deliver, but what they have is fairly clunky design and failure to generate much interest from the target demographic.

Agreed. Without a solid base ( Blizzard had the Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo cash cows to build WoW) Or solid marketing/advertising ( Look to blizzard again) Most of these games flop in alpha or beta. Some even make it to published before they bite it (Shadowbane, Horizons to name a couple) The market is just too defined for these games at the moment.

I had the same experience except I waited like 20 minutes to actually get a match going and then I had no clue what was going on and died over and over.

Back