[MLB] Indians vs Red Sox ALCS

juicyfrys

Veteran X
Same like the last thread I made. Should be a great pitching duels in the first 2 games. Past that? Who knows. Once again I will take my Red Sox homerism and say the Sox take this series in 6. Last series predicted Sox in 4 I was obviously wrong, but I am not complaining.

Either way will be a great series and the other added bonus? No fucking hype just good ole baseball.

Will update the thread as more information comes down the tubes.

indians.gif

VS.

logo

(All times Eastern)
Friday, Oct. 12 Game 1 7 p.m.: Beckett/Sabathia
Saturday, Oct. 13 Game 2 8 p.m.: Schilling/Carmona
Monday, Oct. 15 Game 3 7 p.m.: TBD/TBD
Tuesday, Oct. 16 Game 4 8 p.m.: TBD/TBD
*Thursday, Oct. 18 Game 5 8 p.m.: TBD/TBD
**Saturday, Oct. 20 Game 6 4 p.m. (If NLCS is complete, will be 8PM start): TBD/TBD
*Sunday, Oct. 21 Game 7 8 p.m.: TBD/TBD

Umpires:
Crew chief: Randy Marsh
Rest of crew: Kerwin Danley, Brian Gorman, Paul Emmel, Gary Cederstrom and Dana DeMuth

Last edited:
I think the Sox will win, but it'll be a damn tight series. I'll say 6 games as well.

Also I'd like to add

1. Francona will manage the shit out of Wedge.

and

2 There will be probably one walk off homerun off of Mr. Borowski

oh and

3. John Farrell Red Sox pitching coach use to be in the FO of the Indians...in charge of their pitching staff I believe. This means Farrell knows that pitching staff inside and out and that'll probably be a nice lift.

Also Friday the weather forecast for Boston is a ton of showers and rain.

Last edited:
Truthfully, as a sox fan, i'm scared shitless of this cleveland team. I just have a bad feeling about this, they're a young team that is playing really well. Carmona gave us fits earlier in this season, and I don't see any way the sox win this in less than 7 games. Their pitching is better than ours right now, and their offense just as good, if not better. I have complete faith in Beckett, and Schilling is really pitching well, but Daisuke against this lineup terrifies me, and he may make 2 starts in this series.

Truthfully, as a sox fan, i'm scared shitless of this cleveland team. I just have a bad feeling about this, they're a young team that is playing really well. Carmona gave us fits earlier in this season, and I don't see any way the sox win this in less than 7 games. Their pitching is better than ours right now, and their offense just as good, if not better. I have complete faith in Beckett, and Schilling is really pitching well, but Daisuke against this lineup terrifies me, and he may make 2 starts in this series.

I agree about being scared shitless BUT from what I saw was an Indians team that was very squander-riffic with their hitting as a whole. It was maddening while watching them play and not being able to push across a run. So right there I don't agree with the offense part, especially with Manny and Ortiz both locked. Onto pitching their first 2 SP's basically break down the middle. But get those 2 guys out and move into their bullpen they are clearly not as strong as the Sox and I'd rather take Dice-K over Westbrook I still have faith with Dice-K no clue why. Even if Dice-K does shit the bed, you saw the bullpen shut the door. Grabbing home field advantage might pay off for the Sox this series.

And managing? Francona is clearly way better than Wedge. Wedge was trying hard to manage some losses.

It'll be a great series but I think the Red Sox have the edge.

I'm not sure why you're so down on wedge or up on francona. They both seem like perfectly capable managers to me, and neither is likely to do anything particularly outstanding. Manny and Ortiz are 'locked' because they had 3 good games. I'd like to see more, although i'm obviously happy. Sizemore and hafner have been pretty good too. They've got a good, relentless offense and some top notch starting pitching. This series may be won or lost based on our ability to turn a loss into a win against their atrocious closer.

The Red Sox, who employ what is thought to be the biggest staff of scouts in baseball, have had four scouts at the Yankees-Indians series.

They're covering every angle of the Yankees and Indians.

Of course, the Red Sox have a good working kowledge of both of these teams, mostly the Yankees, but the Indians could pose a few problems especially with their top two of the rotation starters - C.C. Sabathia and Fausto Carmona. The Sox are looking for any advantage possible - tipping of pitches, certain pitches thrown on certain counts, etc.

Also I'd like to add

1. Francona will manage the shit out of Wedge.

and

2 There will be probably one walk off homerun off of Mr. Borowski

oh and

3. John Farrell Red Sox pitching coach use to be in the FO of the Indians...in charge of their pitching staff I believe. This means Farrell knows that pitching staff inside and out and that'll probably be a nice lift.

Also Friday the weather forecast for Boston is a ton of showers and rain.

#3 means dick. he doesnt know their pitching staff inside and out.

#3 means dick. he doesnt know their pitching staff inside and out.

He was the main guy behind Carmona's transition from shitting the bed closer to Cy Young material starting pitcher. He spent the past five seasons as Cleveland’s director of player development. So he has some clue.

red sox fans getting a sickening feeling in the bottom of your stomachs?

welcome to october, boston =/ thats how we all feel right now.

He was the main guy behind Carmona's transition from shitting the bed closer to Cy Young material starting pitcher. He spent the past five seasons as Cleveland’s director of player development. So he has some clue.

he has no clue, and even if he did it wouldnt be anything relevant.

Back