[Mixes] Hybrid Sinning in LA Guest Mix

EPIK

Veteran XX
I go through a lot of mixes on this site (hybridized.org) and have been a big fan of Hybrid for quite some time now... This mix from them is a bit out of character but has really struck me as quite amazing. It's made up of remixes of their stuff (new and old). Quite a journey. Even though Hybrid is well known for meshing up orchestra + breakbeats, there are no breaks in these songs.

(It's a free download. Very fast host as well)

Part 1: Score/Alternative Mix

1. Hybrid - This Is What It Means (Rewinded Edit)
2. Hybrid - Disappear Here (Armchair Mix)
3. Hybrid - Snyper (Transmigration Edit)
4. Hybrid - True To Form (Acoustic Instrumental)
5. Hybrid - True To Form (Soundtrack Edit)
6. Harry Gregson Williams - Evacuating London (Hybrid's Beatless Mix)
7. Hybrid - Just For Today (Hybrid's VIP Beatless Mix)
8. Hybrid - Altitude (Red Square Reprise)

Part 2: Club Mix

1. Hybrid - “City Siren (Reprise)”
2. Hybrid - “Numb” (Hybrid's Kill City Sounds Mix 03)
3. Hybrid - “Break My Soul” (Hybrid's Kill City Sounds Dub 01)
4. Hybrid - “Original Sin” (Original Mix)
5. Hybrid - “Can You Hear Me” (Hybrid's Kill City Sounds Mix 02)

hybridized.org :: Sets :: Hybrid :: Hybrid - Sinning in LA Guest Mix The first mix, in particular. I love it and figured I'd share with TW for anyone looking for something good to listen to this morning.

Last edited:
Welcome. I've got a few other gems that I may post in the near future. (What I consider gems)

nice

hybrid are pretty much my favorite group

thanks for posting. i havent been to hybridized in awhile

I'm also a Trafik fan. They have a new studio album coming out very soon but I'm too lazy to google it's release date.

Anyways, they release these mixes titled "Star gazing" which really jump around the genres and are a blast to listen to. Track list and DL below. You can get all of the Stargazing mixes off of Hybridized.

01. Fusion F & Come T - Our History
02. B-Tribe - Nanita (A Spanish Lullaby) (BT's Quantum Rhythm Dub)
03. Boys Noize - Nerve
04. Boys Noize - Gax
05. Duran Duran - Drowning Man (D:Ream Ambient Mix)
06. Lamb - Gorecki (Instrumental Mix)
07. Moby - Mistake (Yuksek Remix)
08. Elegant Universe feat. Adir Ohayon - Modern Time (Trafik Remix)
09. Danger - 07_46
10. Sinner DC - Glass Alley
11. Vitalic - Poison Lips
12. TV On The Radio - Family Tree (Trafik Remix)
13. Munk - You Never See Me Back Down (Cut Copy Jackmaster Remix)
14. Bent - As You Fall (Guy J Remix)

hybridized.org :: Sets :: Trafik :: Trafik - Triptik presents Trafik - Star Gazing 8 on friskyRadio

i recommend checking out Duane Barry's mixes - he's a great artist and it will introduce you to a bunch of new breakbeat artists. #1 is a good one to try out first.

Duane Barry > > mixes

Last edited:
i recommend checking out Duane Barry's mixes - he's a great artist and it will introduce you to a bunch of new breakbeat artists. #1 is a good one to try out first.

Duane Barry > > mixes

I'm all about finding new breakbeats although the mix in the OP is Hybrid minus breaks. It's the orchestral/electronic elements along with some additional instrumentals.

Also, Hybrid put out their 4th studio album "Disappear Here" late last month. If you liked their albums "I Choose Noise" or "Morning Sci-Fi", you'll probably enjoy this one.

As mentioned, Trafik is releasing a new album very soon AS WELL AS Trentmoeller. Good times are coming soon.

Just finished listening to part1. There's no build in this mix, it's all epic-y but flatline. I kept waiting for a punch but the mix just stopped.

Not bad, but needed something else to change it up. :shrug:

I love Aeroplane. First heard of them through their Friendly Fires remix. Just sitting tight until they release an album.

Just finished listening to part1. There's no build in this mix, it's all epic-y but flatline. I kept waiting for a punch but the mix just stopped.

Not bad, but needed something else to change it up. :shrug:

I don't think it's for the club scene. It's just a chill, beatless mix. The strings build up pretty epic'ly and I love them... The original versions of some of the songs have the strings build up into a heavy bass beat which may have been more of what you were looking for.

The Trafik one I posted might suit your tastes a little better. I tend to gravitate towards less traditional mixes though.

I'm about to look through some of the other links posted here. Listening to the Star gazing 8 mix once more.

http://soundcloud.com/the-wizards-sleeve/hybrid-the-noughties-part-ii

Another good Hybrid mix. This is much more traditional Hybrid. Obviously, a lot of these are older. It's a fan made mix of a bunch of Hybrid remixes so it's kinda dirty in spots but not terrible.

* Hybrid - Kill City (Promo Version)
* REM - The Great Beyond (Hybrid Remix) 2004 -- Love this track
* BT - Never Gonna Come Back Down (Hybrid's Breaktek Mix) 2001 -- And this one
* Musique Vs. U2 - New Years Dub (Hybrid Remix) 2001
* The Orb - From A Distance (Hybrid's Meadow Ladies Mix) (TWS's Re-Edit) 2004
* Moby - Southside (Hybrid's Dishing Pump Instrumental) 2000
* Moby - Bodyrock (Hybrid's Bodyshock Remix)
* Kinnie Star - Alright (Hybrid's Toronto Tech Funk Dub) 2004
* Radiohead - Everything In Its Right Place (Hybrid Remix) 2001
* The Crystal Method - The Name Of The Game (Hybrid's Blackout In LA Mix) (TWS's Re-Edit) 2001
* Future Funk Squad - Towards The Sun (Hybrid Remix) (TWS's Re-Edit) 2006
* Hybrid - Formula Of Fear (Hybrid Remix) 2008
* Harry Gregson-Williams - Man On Fire (Hybrid Remix) 2004

Also, Hybrid put out their 4th studio album "Disappear Here" late last month. If you liked their albums "I Choose Noise" or "Morning Sci-Fi", you'll probably enjoy this one.

I also mentioned it in an earlier post :]

I liked Morning Sci-Fi quite a bit and I choose noise was good also but this new album feels meh. Few of the songs seem bland. I'm not digging it at all. Charlotte's singing in some songs (except Break my Soul) just doesn't seem like a hybrid album and feels out of place for me. :shrug: It feels more of a Trip Hop styled Massive Attack album at times.

Back