Mitt Romney for President

Mr Jimmy Pop

Contributor
Veteran XX
Think he will enter as an Independent? It sure would relieve a lot of voters that can't stomach Trump and Clinton who are currently alienated from the process even though I think it would all but guarantee a Clinton victory which I think is unfortunately pretty much guaranteed anyway.

Nope, thatd be the final concession to the death of the GOP and create a certain-win for hillary. Too much to lose. Right now, the GOP can sit out this election cycle, hope trump loses, and maybe learn some important lessons between now and the next election.

I believe theres only a couple paths forward that dont spell out total ruin. The hard decisions to avoid disaster were passed up long ago in favor of political expediency. Only immediate and decisive and brutal leadership can right this ship.

I cant imagine a debate in which hillary could outmaneuver trump. The man wallows in his own filth and slinging insults only fuels his power. Hillary on the other hand has such a rocky back story, trump can just read a book on her and drudge up countless instances of poor leadership. We've seen this before with previous debates, hillary gets hit with a nasty fact, smiles, and talks her way around it and yells America!!!! She is reliant on decorum and decency to hide her vicious flaws. No way to side step torpedo attacks from trump.

If romney runs, i dunno why he would, it would just look like the last act of a desperate man and still further divide the GOP into splinter factions and fuck up their control of the house.

Its all a major catch-22

GOP cant attack trump now without self inflicted damage. Cant let trump win and lose all control of party. Hillary is a neocon and more conservative than populist trump yet GOP cant appear to support rival candidate either without eroding base support.

Theyll have to wait and see.

If the establishment anti-trump GOP members were honorable theyd commit sepuku at trumps inauguration and clear the way for much needed ideological realignment.

Theyve sure fucked themselves good and hard. Lololololol.

I for one agree with trumps vision and obviously believe a little death and destruction are necessary to quit the elites addiction to world conquest through a potemkin village named 'american freedom'

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Romney isn't any better than Clinton, he might actually be even more out of touch with reality.

There's two anti-Trump camps in the GOP right now. The butthurt Cruz voters who thought Cruz was conservative Jesus and think Trump is as liberal as Hillary. The other group is the GOP establishment who are working for their cheap labor lobbyists and special interests.

Romney is a two-time loser. The only reason he would run is to prevent Trump from winning. Even though it sounds unlikely, I wouldn't be surprised if he did it. None of the GOP leaders support Trump or are attending the convention this year, which says to me that they really don't care who wins. It might be better to take a loss this year and try to kick Hilldog out in 2020 if they don't want Trump in office.

Any 'plan' they have will likely backfire on them. All their attempts at stopping Trump definitely backfired on them.

Romney is a two-time loser.

No stigma against republicans running again, which I think is a good thing. Romney is still one of the best candidates republicans have, so is McCain.

If a democrat loses they are branded for life.

It would be a total waste of time. The only reason would be if the GOP hardliners really needed something to waste a vote on.

The GOP is a trainwreck right now. Their candidates are horrible. Trump isn't even their worst candidate by far. That's scary.

Ryan would be a better play than Romney.

Gop needs to fall in line and hope to get trump to work with the gop

Donald Trump Won’t Rule Out Effort to Remove Paul Ryan as Convention Chairman

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/fir...effort-to-remove-ryan-as-convention-chairman/

Jeb Bush, he said, was “not honorable” for breaking his promise to endorse the party’s nominee. Mitt Romney, he said, was “ungrateful” for the help Mr. Trump gave him in the 2012 election. Mr. Trump referred to Lindsey Graham, the South Carolina senator who said Friday he would never vote for Mr. Trump, as “this lightweight.”

Of Mr. Ryan, he said: “I’d like to have his support. But if he doesn’t want to support me, that’s fine, and we have to go about it.”

Asked about Mr. Trump’s remarks on the convention, Brendan Buck, a spokesman for Mr. Ryan, replied, “The speaker looks forward to meeting with Mr. Trump on Thursday.”

We need less bleeding assholes and kingmakers and more smart use of taxpayer money by smart people. STFU DC and do what the people want. It is pretty fucking clear that we don't want elitists. We don't want religion in the govt. We want you to focus on regular working class Americans and keeping the fuck out of foreign wars. Unless we need to get involved and then smash like fuck. So - quit crying whining and bitching like teenagers told to do their homework and start NOW. Quit being the douchebags that you are or we will vote in every outsider that we can into every position possible until you are all gone. Please - don't think that we won't gun after all of you - not just the president. These people are so incredibly stupid. Newsflash - we are connected. We talk. We coordinate. If you think of us as one stupid pool of stupid - kiss your ass goodbye. We have your number. We are not as interested in party affiliation as much as how you conduct yourself and how much you will change DC for the better. Lazy fucking l33t assholes. Quit fucking around and do your job. Your job is not cronie empire building. You work for us. Do what we command.

So say Trump gets elected by some crazy alignment of the stars, is it a game changer for American Politics? I can't stand the guy, but would love to see a congressional shakeup of both parties.

Back