Metal Gear Solid 4

don't ask why, maybe I was just bored, but I went to the midnight release

There was some kid dressed like solid snake. And about 3 kids with huge cardboard boxes. I was embarrassed to be categorized with them.

I did the same thing for Grand Theft Auto 4. My two plans I had for the night got canceled and everyone was busy so I decided to walk down to the mall at midnight and pick up the game. Sweet christ everyone in line was just standing there talking about video games for two hours, nothing else. Eventually a couple friends of mine came down and hung out with me so I wouldn't keep getting approached by my line neighbors trying to strike up a conversation with me about World of Warcraft or Halo.

don't ask why, maybe I was just bored, but I went to the midnight release

There was some kid dressed like solid snake. And about 3 kids with huge cardboard boxes. I was embarrassed to be categorized with them.

Yeah, you should probably go ctrlkirl now.

I got it last night and played for a couple of hours. The installer didn't take too long and the opening cutscenes weren't very long either and didn't feel like a waste of time. Aside from being more cinematic, which seems to be the trend, it's just MGS with better graphics and some cool shit you can do with a next-gen console.

Im not a fan of the gameplay at all, but I enjoy watching people play.

That being said over the last few days I just watched snake eater through youtube and it was a halfway decent movie, just too bad lame gameplay had to get in the way.

We need a few more: "I went to the midnight release of [game] because [excuse] [excuse] [excuse] [excuse]. I was embarrassed. [excuse] [excuse]. Really! Please ... someone believe me. Don't categorize me!"

I'll never understand why people wait at midnight. Standing in a long ass line for 2 hours is just what I wanna do! I'd rather walk in the next day and pick it up without waiting.

that being said.. I'm going to go grab my copy now.

If I want a game on release day, since I work overnight on Tuesdays/Wednesdays anyway, I just put an in-store pickup order in to Best Buy at like 3AM or whenever the site lets me.

It's (embarassingly) awesome, a really hot blonde 18yr old soon to be UCLA girl works at my local Game Stop because she's a former WoW addict and just hung on to her job after she stopped playing. When I was there getting GTA4 some wigger was pitching a fit because he didn't bring any ID and she said something like 'Wow, you must have alot of time on your hands, it's just a game. Sheesh.' I'd never seen a guy have his balls cut off so quick.

And MGS4 is fucking awesome so far.

Back