MEPS is the worst place ever

It sucks taking exams in the Navy, i remember in my rating only one person picked up rank (E-4) in the whole rating. That one person got out in like 3 months, how fucked up is that. What really pisses me off most is people that are book smart can easily pick up rank but be total shitbags at their job.

everyone bitches about how their particular service picks up rank.
my field is very technical, but you can pick up rank without knowing your job. this hurts everyone. people junior to you cant come to you with questions, you cant do your job, no one can rely on you, etc.

also the shitbags wont make it to chief so dont worry

No, you are going into Basic as an E-1. You will hopefully graduate as an E-3. Don't make the mistake of telling anyone within earshot of an RDC that you are an E-3.

I wan in the navy E1-E-5, currently O-3. You said Intel, do you mean IS or CT?

IS. I was under the impression that I was going in as E-3. Unless it doesn't kick into effect until after basic, which would make sense.

everyone bitches about how their particular service picks up rank.
my field is very technical, but you can pick up rank without knowing your job. this hurts everyone. people junior to you cant come to you with questions, you cant do your job, no one can rely on you, etc.

also the shitbags wont make it to chief so dont worry

I like the way the air force does rank tbh, except for everyone signing up for six years getting e-3 out of tech school automatically - imo everyone should be an e-1 or e-2 (depending on time in service) after their tech school unless you have some college experience

Back