[MEGATHREAD]Battlefield Bad Company 2 [Not a Forum!]

remember the big debate here on TW last year around this time about whether to buy the Q6600 or the E8400? they were the same price a lot of time time too.

Man do i ever pity the guys who went with the E8400

"derp, nothing uses quads and the e8400 is so easily overclocked! to 3"

ah i remember that.. if i could go back in time id just link this thread as my argument in favor of the quads.

For those having performance problems, reinstall Windows XP.

:lol:

just kidding, don't do that you can only install the beta once per key or some shit.

How do you see anything in this game? Everything is the same color and there are trees everywhere.

runs like crap on my system, and it feels too sluggish to me overall

edit:

and it doesn't even look very good imo.

Last edited:
How do you see anything in this game? Everything is the same color and there are trees everywhere.

You blow the trees away with mortars and tank fire, grenade launcher works too, if you get into a really good match the landscape looks so beat up and war torn it looks like the surface of the moon.

So is this the next BF after say BF2 or is it a different beast all together?

It's the latest Battlefield game, not really a takeoff on BF2 - the retail version will have good old fashioned conquest mode. There will be a 10 hour single player campaign too.

The main emphasis is on destruction, you can completely level buildings and blow enough holes in walls to make a building look like Swiss cheese.

I just dont get it. You cant see anything in the game. The graphics arnt good. The vehicles handle poorly, and everything is really slow. No one ever uses team work, and you cant go prone. This is a bad game.

I just dont get it. You cant see anything in the game. The graphics arnt good. The vehicles handle poorly, and everything is really slow. No one ever uses team work, and you cant go prone. This is a bad game.

Sounds like you've just played on some crappy servers, I don't know what you're on about not being able to see anything, the graphics are fine - sure the bushes and trees are pretty basic geometry wise but it's not out to be a nature sim. The vehicles handle just fine for me. Some do teamwork, mostly clan members but it's a little much to expect teamwork in a public server.

I'm sort of glad to see prone gone, unless they made it where it takes you three seconds to go prone and or get up from prone I don't want it. No more belly flopping in front of someone to make you a smaller target while you spray bullets into the other guys head.

You can still cancel your pre-order through Steam, Valve is pretty good about that as long as you do it before the release date.

so the auto shottie is pimpin. especially since no one uses it, and they always miss with the other guns when you run around.

Yet the auto shottie has a huge reticle and can hit anything while you move around and it kills as fast as it takes you to click 3 times.

I can't even launch the game... as soon as the words "Beta" appear in the upper right it crashes back to the desktop. WTF?

so the auto shottie is pimpin. especially since no one uses it, and they always miss with the other guns when you run around.

Yet the auto shottie has a huge reticle and can hit anything while you move around and it kills as fast as it takes you to click 3 times.

When you level up you can expand the clip of the street sweeper and take down at least two enemies before you need to reload.

shotgun.jpg

No, YOU can't see anything in the game. I can see things fine.

apparently if you change the DirectX value in the ini performance may increase.
C:\[USER]\Documents\BFBC2Beta\settings.ini
[WindowSettings]
Width=1024
Height=768
Fullscreen=true
RefreshRate=75.028999
VSync=false
[Sound]
Quality=low
VoipEnable=true
[Graphics]
Effects=medium
Soldiers=medium
Vehicles=medium
Overgrowth=medium
Undergrowth=medium
StaticObjects=medium
Terrain=medium
Shadows=medium
Bloom=true
HSAO=false
MSAA=1
Water=medium
MainQuality=custom
Texture=high
DxVersion=auto <--- change this value to 9
Aniso=2
Detail=medium

I only had a couple of lag spikes today and they were gone as quickly as they arrived.

Game runs real damn smooth.

I keep finding myself aiming at the stomach and waiting for muzzle climb but it never happens. I've emptied clips into people at 5 feet to only watch them die when my clip was running out. After playing HC on CoD4 for a couple of years needing more then a couple rounds to kill someone can be very annoying. Miss my M14. A sniper rifle should not need 3 shots to kill someone even if they are not perfect. I hope the damage is upped on all weapons. I like the game a lot. Just not a fan of the arcade style 1000 rounds to kill someone.

I couldn't stand Nermal damage on cod4. This could make BC2 unplayable.

Back