Maybe selling a few computer parts.. anyone interested?

heh, not crucial. i suppose that might justify the price difference.

i dont remember the chip-makers offhand, i'd have to check when i get back to college, but they weren't any of the very well-known ones. they work great though - been using them for a while without a hitch.

Are they even a matched set? I mean, can they be run in dual-channel?
I'm just trying to help you out here.
Crucial is one of the big brands & they go for ~$60/shipped when new. PC2700 is old tech but that doesn't mean it's getting any cheaper, just harder to find eventually.
In all reality, if I were you I'd ask ~$45/shipped per stick or ~$85 for the pair. Might get a sale here for that price. However, some may realize that for ~$40 more they can have current PC3200 RAM from a reputable brand.
:shrug:

C_H_A said:
Are they even a matched set? I mean, can they be run in dual-channel?
I'm just trying to help you out here.
Crucial is one of the big brands & they go for ~$60/shipped when new. PC2700 is old tech but that doesn't mean it's getting any cheaper, just harder to find eventually.
In all reality, if I were you I'd ask ~$45/shipped per stick or ~$85 for the pair. Might get a sale here for that price. However, some may realize that for ~$40 more they can have current PC3200 RAM from a reputable brand.
:shrug:
yes, they work in dual channel fine. i have personally used them together in dual channel and used diagnostic software to observe the increase in memory bandwidth.

no.. i think they were centon packaged sticks though (and i think centon has a lfietime warranty)

sounds like im dodging your question, but i honestly dont know offhand and i found that out while trying to figure out the timings

SegaRob said:
pft ram is ram - if it works, it works.. would $40 per stick of ram be more realistic?
SEGAROB.jpg

Back