Mass Effect, review #8tee billion

Gmankuza

Veteran XV
So I picked up this game because everyone here couldn't shut up about it.

And it may very well be the best single player game ever. Seriously, If you have the 360 and haven't played this yet, fucking do it. I just completed it last night and I'm fighting with every inch of myself not to start it up again right now.

Thank you TW for all the posts about this game, you made the last 2 weeks of my life, awesome. And yes, I banged a blue chick, the young one :)

fun but too short i thought

needed more polish as well.

overall a great game though and there's nothing else like it on xb360

Spoiler

Where's my downloadable content already.

Renegade Sheppard wasn't harsh enough when dealing with Ashley's dumbass poetry. He should have hit her too.

I actually just beat the game 100%, and I found Insanity mode retarded. The enemies weren't smarter, they just had more health and did more damage.

On everything up to and including Hardcore it was fun, but I was really hoping that Insanity would test me, but it was just an exercise in shooting them until they died. No tactics.

The other problem I had with it, was compared to the KotoR games, there were really no ramifications of your actions. Like if you don't kill someone, or do something drastically different, it doesn't change the game later on.

KotoR was great for that, if you let someone live in like, the first 2 hours, it would come back to haunt/help you later in the game. With Mass Effect, it only mattered for as long as the mission ran, then it just stopped.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the game, its easily the best game on the 360, but it didn't measure up to the KotoR's, in my opinion at least.

What ending did you guys get?

Spoiler

I don't see how you can say it's the best game on the 360 when the UI is so fucking shitty. I hate everything about the equipment screen.

yeah, the actual gameplay kinda sucked for me. I go in, send in my team, and shoot. Don't really know how to use the abilities and don't want to wait 45 seconds to use them again. I can only have one on my quickbar? Not to mention the kinda crappy controls of the tank. Although I really enjoyed the 'there is the teams support becon lets check it out' and then a giant worm monster shoots up from the ground when you get close.

But I enjoyed the game, up until my 360 died :(

Hello old timers :) Good to see you guys are still around.

And yes, I like Assasin's Creed, Bioshock, CoD4 and a hundred other games I've played over the last few months. But nothing took me in like Mass Effect. CoD4 is awesome, just completing it in 6 hours is a joke, so it wins it he multi-player catagory. I still play TF2 a lot, and HL2 Episode2 and portal were GREAT games.

I also got used to the UI in ME pretty quickly. I dind't play KOTOR so maybe there's something I'm missing or maybe I should go back and play that. It's just that I loved every minute of Mass Effect, and can't wait to play again as a renegayde.

yeah, the actual gameplay kinda sucked for me. I go in, send in my team, and shoot. Don't really know how to use the abilities and don't want to wait 45 seconds to use them again. I can only have one on my quickbar? Not to mention the kinda crappy controls of the tank. Although I really enjoyed the 'there is the teams support becon lets check it out' and then a giant worm monster shoots up from the ground when you get close.

But I enjoyed the game, up until my 360 died :(

Left and right bumper/triggers are your friend. I dind't control my squad at all for the most part, I will next time around. I picked Vanguard so I had the Adrenaline ability to reset all my specials. SO there was never a fight where I'd have to sit and wait for shit. In the higher levels by the time you go to use a 4rth or 5th ability the first one is ready again anyway. Using lift and then shot gun/chem bullet owning was jsut great fucking fun. Or lift and then throw, lol, bounce them off a wall.

Back