Marweas still hasnt told us about getting fired

Man I should find out if it's cool / legal to show off the original design document for FEAR (the original name of Tribes, before it was switched to Tribes, and was solely single-player). Bioderms, all kinds of crazy stuff. That design doc was like 5 lbs and had 300+ pages of history. Truly crazy stuff. I have all the old design docs dating back to the mid 90s for that stuff courtesy of the old Dynamix guys (actually we have original TIM art, all kinds of stuff from the older games). None of this stuff is in digital form though. I saw a lot of this stuff fall out of the woodwork that had been lost to some old dark dusty storage room (everything from design docs to original willy beamish art, to a Red Baron jacket, and more). While some of this stuff was pointed back to Jeff T, who has a pretty impressive collection of stuff, anything odd, like the FEAR doc I tried to protect from disappearing and stowed in a safe place at GG. If anything it's just neat to know it existed.

Fact: The reason the name Tribes came about was because you can't trademark FEAR as a name (which is why the trademark on the recent game, F.E.A.R. is actually First encounter assault recon). Tribes was called Fear years before, and bioderms predate the name tribes in design.

Wow, that'd be some really interesting stuff to look over. Besides the 300 pages of history, I'd like to know more about FEAR. Did T1 (minus skiing, I'd imagine) turn out anything like what was originally planned?

I had always harbored a hope that the IP would be the new thing added to the subsequent games.
I had always envisioned myself as battling the Imperial scum and their knaves.
I went so far as to send to Tim a list of people for the movie(How looney am I?)
Ahrnold was to be the BE leader, Pat Morita for DS, etc.

But the fact that the game became nothing but a sport rather than a war, worked for me most of the time.

Remember that debate?
Is Tribes a war game or a sports game?

Yeah, I guess the only reason previous DEVS etc have showed their faces is because they can't loose their job anymore.

:shrug:

I wouldn't mind hearing what IGA has to say nonetheless. That is, if they even care at all any more.

PS: THoF this shit.

It's great to see the whole dev crew (albeit without KP) here. Much :heart: and respect to everyone, including Dave.

And props to the Rayn, Yogi, Colosus, and the rest of the hard-working TW crew for giving us a community worth visiting so many years later. :cheers:

:clap:

theres a clip of it being described as the bus in one of the pre-release videos that i have, but it just has a glimpse of it not it action and someone just describing its use and capacity

Back