Many Saints of Newark

Gandalf

Contributor
Veteran XX
Anyone else watch it? If you're a sopranos fan, you will really enjoy it.

The first half focuses on dickie maltasanti, Christopher's dad, his dad (played by Ray Liotta) and the various family members in the early 60s. Lots of callbacks to the cast. Even narrated by the present day dead Christopher, which was an interesting writer choice.

The story also discusses the race riots, and tensions between the blacks and the italians and intertwines them quite nicely.

Towards the end they shift focus to the end of the sixties and Tony soprano as a teenager and how he is slowly getting pulled into the life.

The ending basically left a huge gaping hole for a sequel as there are big story lines left hanging.

Well acted and cinematography was great. Story is very interesting and shows a lot more background on the major characters as young men. You find out for example that Jr was a conniving shit even back then.

Go watch it.

It was impossibly too short. The fans expected all this stuff...like the hit on feech's card game and got none of it......3 seconds for Carmela? Get rid of the pointless black guy. They need a proper new series.

Last edited:
It was fucking terrible, and I'm a big sopranos fan. It doesn't pass the test of, halfway through ask yourself "what is this actually about" and if there isn't a clear answer then it is a shit plot.

Nobody cares about dickie molosonte

Why are we watching Dicky Maltasonte and not Johnny Soprano?

Why is Christopher narrating stuff that happened 30 years before he was born?

Why do we need a civil rights storyline for a mobster movie?

Who's fat kid was young Tony? He couldn't even run

Why does Sylvio act like he's autistic?

Spoilers*******************************

Why does Jun kill Dicky for laughing at him? This really doesn't seem like enough reason.

Why would Giusepenna tell Dicky she had sex with a black guy? She knows he will kill her.

As you can tell, I thought the story was weak and nonsensical.

For the next one, tighten it up, toughen it up and make it about the mob - not half about the mob and half about civil rights

PS - I also just watched Cry Macho

Really shitty writing with people and situations popping up out of nowhere.

Overall totally felt like some made for TV B-movie POS.

Why do we need a civil rights storyline for a mobster movie?

Spoilers*******************************

Why would Giusepenna tell Dicky she had sex with a black guy? She knows he will kill her.

As you can tell, I thought the story was weak and nonsensical.

For the next one, tighten it up, toughen it up and make it about the mob - not half about the mob and half about civil rights
Kikes.

PS - I also just watched Cry Macho

Really shitty writing with people and situations popping up out of nowhere.

Overall totally felt like some made for TV B-movie POS.

I also watched Cry Macho. Waste of time. First, Clint is fucking old. Really really old. Like, has no business acting anymore old. Second, there is no way a woman 30 years younger is going to be looking at him as a love interest. Clint is what, 91? The woman couldn't be older than 60. Sorry Clint, but I can't buy you scoring relatively young pussy anymore. At least it wasn't some 20-something and I certainly can't buy some cartel bosses hot big tittied Latina wife wanting some 90 year old Clint cock.

The story was slow and relatively pointless and not very believable.

Have heard nothing but bad things about Saints of Newark, it's a shame.
When I unexpectedly saw the trailer at a movie several months ago thought it had promise.

You're missing out. It has aged extremely well. The writing and casting are great.
As long as you can overlook what annoying pieces of retarded shit every kid and woman is in the show and how the big, bad mob-boss father is a fucking pussy faggot when it comes to dealing with them.

As long as you can overlook what annoying pieces of retarded shit every kid and woman is in the show and how the big, bad mob-boss father is a fucking pussy faggot when it comes to dealing with them.

Make the Sopranos 10X more enjoyable - Fast forward every time Carmella, or the kids are on the screen

Episodes really move along and you get to enjoy all the good parts of Tony just being gangsta

I also watched Cry Macho. Waste of time. First, Clint is fucking old. Really really old. Like, has no business acting anymore old. Second, there is no way a woman 30 years younger is going to be looking at him as a love interest. Clint is what, 91? The woman couldn't be older than 60. Sorry Clint, but I can't buy you scoring relatively young pussy anymore. At least it wasn't some 20-something and I certainly can't buy some cartel bosses hot big tittied Latina wife wanting some 90 year old Clint cock.

The story was slow and relatively pointless and not very believable.

There's 2 women in the movie and they both have the hots for Clint. My wife and I were both laughing about it.

Back